1 problem, 2 questions

TheOtherMJ

Here's the situation.. I used to have my girls in MG time released soil and I was also giving nutes. Burnt my plants all up. I recently switched my soil and reported to regular potting soil with nothing extra in it. They have been good for a couple weeks but I started to notice that the bottom leaves were turning yellow and eventually shriveling up and dying. I read some other people's logs that had the same problem and most people agreed it was a N defeciency. So my last watering I fed it some nutes that had N but was a vegetative formula so there was other stuff in it as we'll. this morning I notice more leaves turning yellow so I panicked and flushed them with water. But I have no idea wat I'm up against right now. Any help on this is appreciated.

Now my question is about my light set up. I have 2 t8 over top then 5 23 watt cfl all around the plants. I want to know how close she the lights be. Right now they are almos touching the plant.

My last question is why are my leaves so bunched up? I was told its because at first my have been too compact? Ever since I transplanted into bigger ports theyve been good. I just want to on if that is the real reason?

Any input would be appreciated. This is my first grow

Here aRe some pics.

image535.jpg
image536.jpg
image534.jpg
image537.jpg

Do not worry about the bunching. That is tight node spacing. Which is a good thing for buds. Trim out some leaves if you notice the leaves sweating on each other to avoid mildew and mold. As far as the yellowing that is definitely N deficiency and I think you may have over reacted when you flushed them. It will take a couple days to see improvements. Start with a low dose of nutes and workup. Also do not over water as these plants like to dry out and over watering can cause root rot.

Do not worry about the bunching. That is tight node spacing. Which is a good thing for buds. Trim out some leaves if you notice the leaves sweating on each other to avoid mildew and mold. As far as the yellowing that is definitely N deficiency and I think you may have over reacted when you flushed them. It will take a couple days to see improvements. Start with a low dose of nutes and workup. Also do not over water as these plants like to dry out and over watering can cause root rot.

Thanks for the info. How do u kno the difference between nute burn and N deficiency?

You will usually see burn in the tips first. You plants are probably hungry and is resorting to eating itself.

Ok so the leaves turning yellow and dying the first time was from being hungry. Hungry like water or hungry like nutes?. The soil I'm using has nothing in it. So I have to add nutes when I water.

When the bottom leaves were changing it started as yellow speckles then eventually took over the whole leaf. But after I added the nutes the tips were changing first. So maybe to much nutes? I cut everything in half on the chart I was using.

Ok so the leaves turning yellow and dying the first time was from being hungry. Hungry like water or hungry like nutes?. The soil I'm using has nothing in it. So I have to add nutes when I water.

When the bottom leaves were changing it started as yellow speckles then eventually took over the whole leaf. But after I added the nutes the tips were changing first. So maybe to much nutes? I cut everything in half on the chart I was using.

With nutes usually you want to feed every other water. Only feed/water when the soil is dry.

With nutes usually you want to feed every other water. Only feed/water when the soil is dry.

Ok that might have been the problem I would water then foil feed them the nutes. So everytime I water I was spraying them wit nutes... Thanks for the info everybody.. I'm trying to get this down. I'm making every mistake in the book even wit all the info online. Lol

Check out my grows. Links are in my siggy. You will find a lot of help in them. :)

Back
Top Bottom