$100 og kush. San fernando valley myth?

Hackk

Hey everyone!

So after searching for some info about the "$100 og kush" strain, the ONLY thing I found was a brief description on the background of the name and nothing more. It explained that some socal clubs poked fun at some of the higher priced clubs in the hollywood area that were selling 1/8 for a hundred bones, and proving that they can still sell this strain for half that price and it equals in value.

I've smoked the strain (beginning to think just a nickname) and its an awesome smoke. So Im wondering if any of you out there have had experience with $100 og kush, or have any background info behind it?

Thanks!

i have had og kush but i have never even heard of $100 og kush. i think some of the sellers mite of just added that to make it seem better but i could be wrong.

I'd only expect Los angeles area growers to know about this. I wish it had a wide knowledge base, trust me...

that were selling 1/8 for a hundred bones, and proving that they can still sell this strain for half that price

You can sell ANY strain for half that price (or less).

They all cost the same to grow lol.

People are too fawkin' greedy.

Ya... But that IS the polite version....

Ok, so just called up the club and asked them straight out what the deal was. Now this is where it gets fuzzy, they said it was just a nickname given to og kush in regards to the hollywood high prices, HOWEVER they said it was a straight indica strain, which I highly beg to differ

rsz_img_0305.jpg

This is one of those clones, and I would HIGHLY have to disagree with it being a straight indica. If I'm wrong, forgive me, if Im right whats the deal. If you guys have any advice, or have grown og kush in the past and this does or does NOT resemble that strain, please let me know.

rsz_img_0302.jpg

The plant close on the right is "cheese" but all the rest are "$100 og kush"

Thank you for your curiosity. And my answer is: I have no idea, I need to get a another tester. I havent been able to find mine for days. I can probably thank the girlfriend and her sporadic cleaning sprees for that one!

But I havent seen the need for buying a new one yet because Im still trying to dial in my heat problems first. Im pretty sure the curling happened when it hit 97 lastnight. If you have other ideas, please, let me know.

the cannibible 3 says that og kush is sister to sour deisel, which is mostly sativa. (75%)

plants are looking good :rollit:

Thanks for the responses everyone. ph is good, Im pretty sure the upcurling is common for these girls. The plant on the close left is the the cheese. They are growing up so fast, and go into flower in 2 days. The front right plant is going under cfl's for a month to become the mother, after the month, I should have the next grow room setup and ready to rock and roll.

rsz_dscn1019.jpg

rsz_dscn1020.jpg

Looks good man. And yes the curling up is what this plant does. You are going to be pretty stoked when you get done. Keep the pics coming.

I used to live in Reseda dude...and that price sounds about normal depending on who you go to. So-Cal bud is alright, but Nor-Cal is where I was taken to school.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! I beg to differ. So-cal bud is the BOMB!! Just the prices that go with it aren't. Here's what I think. Skywalker OG Kush is like native to the San Fernando Valley area and to be honest, that has got to be one of the best buds I've smoked.

IMO, Norcal, prices are awesome, bud is good. The problem is, bud is EVERYWHERE, meaning it grows with all level of growers, so I noticed the quality isn't always consistent. A lot of outdoor grows happen in norcal too, which is probably why the cost is so low, whereas most of stuff grown in socal has to be indoors (unless you wanna get jacked). Everyone knows outdoor isn't as good, but you get more for your money, which is cool for a phat blunt but im a bong type guy ya know.

Okay sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread.

HACKK
your shit looks good bro. By the way, those coop guys are so wrong. Look at those leaves. Way too sharp looking to be pure indica. Id say a good 70% or so Sativa in fact, although I'm not too sure. Your plants look fuckin great. excuse my language but you're off to a great start.

AN is the way to go baby. iguana juice is good for organic easy to use one part, but sensi bloom 2 part is really nice too, just go easy though, cuz those chelators really keep your plant absorbing those nutes (a lot of times too much) so yeah. Ill be watchin your thread, and any questions ill b glad to help ya out!
:nicethread:

WHOA WHOA WHOA! I beg to differ. So-cal bud is the BOMB!! Just the prices that go with it aren't. Here's what I think. Skywalker OG Kush is like native to the San Fernando Valley area and to be honest, that has got to be one of the best buds I've smoked.

IMO, Norcal, prices are awesome, bud is good. The problem is, bud is EVERYWHERE, meaning it grows with all level of growers, so I noticed the quality isn't always consistent. A lot of outdoor grows happen in norcal too, which is probably why the cost is so low, whereas most of stuff grown in socal has to be indoors (unless you wanna get jacked). Everyone knows outdoor isn't as good, but you get more for your money, which is cool for a phat blunt but im a bong type guy ya know.

Okay sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread.

HACKK
your shit looks good bro. By the way, those coop guys are so wrong. Look at those leaves. Way too sharp looking to be pure indica. Id say a good 70% or so Sativa in fact, although I'm not too sure. Your plants look fuckin great. excuse my language but you're off to a great start.

AN is the way to go baby. iguana juice is good for organic easy to use one part, but sensi bloom 2 part is really nice too, just go easy though, cuz those chelators really keep your plant absorbing those nutes (a lot of times too much) so yeah. Ill be watchin your thread, and any questions ill b glad to help ya out!
:nicethread:

You have some valid points. In Nor-Cal bud is everywhere. But if you know who to hook up with, it can really knock you on your ass. But when I was in the Valley, I never smoked any bad bud...but like you said about the prices, DAMN ! Good thing I always had pretty girls I worked with there to take my mind off the painful prices...:kiss:

Have a great week...and stay green :rollit:

awesome insight, Stikky!

So here are some updates of the girls... Running floranova, sweet, floralicious, liquid karma, cal-mag, and Koolbloom. They are on their 18th day of flower, planted 48th day. The front is "the cheese" the back two are "platinum" ;)

Ignore the burnt spots, I play russian roulette with the light height everyday. The bud close ups are platinum...

Caligrown: Thanks for the good words... I cant wait to run AN. And like I said before, I enjoy reading your grows...

As for everything else, I just gotta dial in my cloning set up to feel comfortable with the 32 plant ebb n grow (two 16 pot units leap frogging cycles) I have planned within the month. Do you people ever look at your cloning setup, know the conditions are right, everthing looks good on paper, but just have a bad feeling? Thats what Im going through right now. I took 30 platinum cuttings a week ago, nothing showing yet, Im not that worried yet, but the cheese cuttings I took 18 days ago, arent showing, but have root stubs when I opened the RW... Maybe Im just stressing, but until I know I have the next lineage, I cant proceed... Someone tell me it will be ok, so I can stop crying... 12" blue floro hanging 12"~ above clone dome, with heat mat keeping tray at 95f and dome temp at 85f. Spray daily/dry, replenish new air every few hours, 24hrs light... any advice or changes I should make?

enjoy
rsz_dscn1089.jpg

rsz_dscn1088.jpg

rsz_dscn1091.jpg

rsz_dscn1098.jpg

rsz_dscn1093.jpg

rsz_dscn1097.jpg

Do you people ever look at your cloning setup, know the conditions are right, everthing looks good on paper, but just have a bad feeling? Thats what Im going through right now. I took 30 platinum cuttings a week ago, nothing showing yet, Im not that worried yet, but the cheese cuttings I took 18 days ago, arent showing, but have root stubs when I opened the RW... Maybe Im just stressing, but until I know I have the next lineage, I cant proceed... Someone tell me it will be ok, so I can stop crying... 12" blue floro hanging 12"~ above clone dome, with heat mat keeping tray at 95f and dome temp at 85f. Spray daily/dry, replenish new air every few hours, 24hrs light... any advice or changes I should make?

Nah, my clone setup ranges from a small plastic tote that I can throw some cuttings in, drape a piece of saran-wrap over the top of, and shine light through... to a glass of water sitting on the kitchen window. And it turns out that you can take a mess of cuttings, stick them in a bag, and throw them into the vegetable drawer of the fridge for a week before dealing with. (Just another in a LONG line of <OOPS> that turned out to have an educational value:grinjoint:.)

Some plants are easy to root cuttings from. Some are difficult. But ALL can be done - one way or another.

If you continue to have trouble rooting cuttings from that strain, just do the air-layering thing. Then in a few (up to maybe 10) days, when your "cutting-to-be" has grown its own roots, simply cut it off the mother plant and stick it in the growing media.

If there's a plant - at least one with a stem structure like MJ and so many other thousands of plants have - out there that this technique won't work on...

...it must be growing on a different planet.:grinjoint:

Just be careful when making the initial cuts - you don't want to cut too deep and stop the upflow of nutrients.

og has a very specific smell i love it, i actually got an ounce last night and today i found a seed and since it was grown indoors without hermaphrodites or males im pretty sure its a female seed. i remember i used to get perfectly grown (or at least about to as close to perfectiong you can get) soul diesel and i swear its almost a clone to OG. i never knew they we're related i prolly should have just looked up their lineage. some of the most powerful cerebral highs around. hopefully it turns out good and i can breed my strains with it =D

Back
Top Bottom