2' 4 bulb T5 - for flower?

blarg88

Has anyone flowered under a 2' T5 fixture?

We have two mothers sitting under a 2' T5 and we were wondering if we were to switch the lights to 12/12 would the unit be enough to flower both plants?

Not looking for a T5 / HPS / LED debate, just looking for some input on if the light is powerful enough.

Two plants, sativa dominate, roughly 36 inches tall. Would one T5 be enough for a decent yield?

(were just done with the mothers and we were going to pull them, figured we try and flower them first in the small space we have them in)

i would say all its gonna come down to is how many watts your t5's have. if you have lets say over 200 id say flower away. ive seen mixed results from flowering with t5's. i think the only setback would be low output. obviously hps lamps are great for flowering and t5's are great for veg so its trial and error if you have to choose the t5's. go for it...post pics

Thats what I'm currently using, but I only have sprouts right now.

I plan to add some supplemental CFL's (8+) in the damn NEAR future.

Thinking of a multioutlet strip along the back wall with 2 Y sockets (total of 4), but cant think of a way to reflect the lumens, as most come from the sides...

Also want to add 2 large reflectors with a socket extension and Y adapter to house 2 more bulbs on the left and right side of my cab.

The T5 fixture I bought came with 4 6000k bulbs, but come flower time I will swap to some 3500k's.

Sorry I cant give you results/experience, but it is being done :peace:

Back
Top Bottom