T5 Bulbs

MickFoster

I am purchasing a Hydrofarm T5 - 4' - 8 bulb fixture and it comes with 6400K bulbs. I would like to purchase an additional 8 - 2700K bulbs so I can interchange. Can someone please tell me the best manufacturer of T5 bulbs? Thanks!

Look for a manufacturer with a bulb that is rated at 85-90 Color Rendering Index, { CRI }.

The Color Rendering Index (CRI) is a rating system that measures the accuracy of how a light source makes specific colors look.

CRI tells us how accurately a light source displays specific colors. They are listed below.

If a light source displays these 14 colors perfectly the corresponding CRI would equal 100. If the light source did not display any color correctly its CRI would be 0 (zero).

The CRI index was created to help companies sell products. If a light source does not accurately display colors, the carpet that you purchased in the store may look completely different at home. A red shirt may look orange or pink. A white car may look grey or cream.

Do your plants care about CRI? Only if they are buying carpet, shirts, or cars.

Some horticulture lighting brands publish the CRI values. However, CRI value has little to do with lamp spectrum or its ability to grow plants.

are the 6400k best for the veg. period

yes 6400k or 6500k is the best t5 colour tempearature for veg stage. 2700 to 3500 K is using for flowering stage. but if u use one 6500k bulb for every 2-3 2700k bulbs you can help your plant for bigger yield. you can mix like this but if u use all of them 2700 ,no problem again.

Back
Top Bottom