Newbie needs help with t5 fixtures.

richallie1

I really need help lowering my electric bill. My husband is a disabled mmp card holder and we grow small. I want to change from a 600w and 1000w to T5's. Mix up the bulbs like they suggest for veg and bloom and use what their now calling a "finisher" bulb of 10,000. I have (2) 4ft by 8 bulb t5 fixtures in a 10 x20 room, do you folks think the finisher bulbs will give me bloom? I heard the yield might not be as great, but I need to know if anyone has successfully bloomed with T5 and how.

Thanks alot for your help.
Allie

I haven't used T5's myself, but as far as they go, you have options to use T5 HO (high output) and T5 VHO (very high output) bulbs for your flowering. Typically the 6500K spectrum is used for Veg, while the 2700K spectrum is used for Flower, but I like to mix up the spectrum a little and give them a little of both during each growth stage.

And if electricity costs are a concern, you might be able to use less power with an LED light. Check out the forum sponsors to see all the different lights available: Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ® I'm using a light I bought from one of the sponsors a few months back and absolutely love it.

yes I had use the t5's to bloom . for vegg I used 6400-6700k and for bloom 2700k- 3000k it works best for me this way. you also can get VHO t5's which double or triple wattage with little increase in power consumption. The take is not as much as HPS but it is there.
you may have to supply heat in some cases because the t5's produce less heat.

now if you dropped you hps to a 250 or even a 150 and use t5's to back it up you'll be a head of the game.

Back
Top Bottom