420 Girls

Hemp was so important that there is a Goddess of Hemp! Seshat or Byblos are her two names from both Greek and Egyptian histories. She is Goddess of libraries, knowledge, and geomancy, among other things. Seshat or Byblos, means female scribe, she was seen as the goddess of writing, historical records, accounting and mathematics, measurement and architecture to the ancient Egyptians and Greeks. Seshat also opens the door of heaven for you.

mmj2-41.jpg

Over the last decade, the number of medical marijuana dispensaries in the US has exploded, especially in Colorado. Despite federal laws criminalizing marijuana, 16 states plus DC have passed legislation to legalize it for medical use. - National Geographic

mmj2-53.jpg

The drug like effects experienced by cannabis users are caused by cannabinoids, the active chemicals that are present in the plant. The main active cannabinoid in cannabis is delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, more simply known as THC. Cannabinoids may be useful in the treatment of cancer and the side effects of cancer treatment. Possible effects of treatment with cannabinoids include, a decrease in pain and inflammation, blockage of cell growth, the prevention of blood vessel growth that supplies tumors, and anti viral activity. - National Geographic

releaf_listings1-71.jpg

In Colorado, two percent of registered medical marijuana patients are using marijuana due to cancer. More than 90 percent of medical marijuana users in Colorado use the drug for the management of severe pain. Nearly 20 percent use the drug for muscle spasms, the second most reported ailment the drug is used to treat. - National Geographic

mmj3-11.jpg

The medicinal use of cannabis dates back at least 3,000 years. It was introduced to Western medicine in the 19th century, as it was believed that the drug could be a useful pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, and anti-convulsant. - National Geographic

mmj6-21.jpg

On November 7, 2000, the state of Colorado passed Amendment 20, legalizing the medical use of marijuana for persons suffering from debilitating medical conditions. On June 1, 2001, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, CDPHE, officially opened the Medical Marijuana Registry program. By November 2011, 161,483 new patient applications were received by the registry. 80,558 patients had been approved for medical marijuana cards. - National Geographic

releaf5-1_ThirdDayApothecary1.jpg

Prescription drugs kill about 100,000 people in the world each year. Off the top of your head, do you know how many deaths are caused by using marijuana, either medicinally or recreationally? "There are no deaths from cannabis use. Anywhere. You can't find one," said Dr. Lester Grinspoon, professor emeritus at Harvard Medical School. In 10,000 years of known use of cannabis, there's never been a single death attributed to marijuana. "I've heard you have to smoke something like 15,000 joints in 20 minutes to get a toxic amount of delta-9 tetrahydrocannibinol," said Dr. Paul Hornby, a biochemist and human pathologist who also happens to be one of the leading authorities on cannabis research. - International Business Times

releaf_listings1-21.jpg

It's a fact that anyone can die from ingesting too much aspirin, or too much coffee, or too much wine. Marijuana, on the other hand, medical or not, is not only non lethal, but likely beneficial. Several studies, some published as recently as a few months ago, have shown that marijuana can even be good for your health, and could help treat conditions better than the solutions being cooked up in the labs. - International Business Times

releaf_listings1-72.jpg

The use of the U.S.'s most popular illicit drug is growing among retirees as the massive generation of baby boomers who came of age in the 1960s and '70s grow older. The number of people aged 50 and older reporting marijuana use in the prior year went up from 1.9 percent to 2.9 percent from 2002 to 2008, according to surveys from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The rise was most dramatic among 55 to 59 year olds, whose reported marijuana use more than tripled from 1.6 percent in 2002 to 5.1 percent. Observers expect further increases as 78 million boomers born between 1945 and 1964 age. For many boomers, the drug never held the stigma it did for previous generations, and they tried it decades ago. Some have used it ever since, while others are revisiting the habit in retirement, either for recreation or as a way to cope with the aches and pains of aging.

mmj82.jpg

A San Diego company is producing and selling what could be a legal alternative to medical marijuana.
HempMedPX is creating hemp oil rich in CBD or cannabidiol. Unlike THC in marijuana, CBD does not cause the high effect. Rather, recent studies indicate CBD to be well tolerated and safe and is being tested to treat children with uncontrolled seizures. Dr. Joshua Hartsel tests the products of HempMedPX and says they contain less than 1 percent THC and up to 90 percent CBD. He says the products are tested three to five times and at least once at a third party lab. It's tested not only for the THC and CBD levels, it's tested for pesticides, pathogens, anything that could be really harmful to the consumer. They produce CBD on a large scale. Right now, no one else is doing that. - NBCSanDiego

san-diego-marijuana-Dispensary-hbtv-hemp-beach-tv1.jpg

As the November Election approaches, with only 44 more days to go, marijuana has become a hot topic among mothers and women in general. Women played a crucial role in ending alcohol prohibition and are likely to play a significant role in ending prohibition of marijuana for adults as well. In the three states considering legalizing marijuana this fall, winning the support of women is critical, and both opponents and proponents for legalizing marijuana are reaching out to this important demographic. - The Examiner

Women_Ending_Prohibition_Again1.jpeg

Although Israel is considered one of the most progressive countries in the world with regard to the use of medical cannabis, the government remains cautious over expanding access too quickly. In 2009 a decision was taken to establish a separate government authority to oversee production of the substance, but the decision has yet to be implemented, leaving the Health Ministry still in charge of regulating marijuana use. - The Times Of Israel

Mideast-Israel-Medica_Horo1.jpg

If Marijuana were unknown, it's discovery would no doubt be hailed as a medical breakthrough. Scientists would praise it's potential for treating everything from pain to cancer and marvel at it's rich pharmacopoeia, many of whose chemicals mimic vital molecules in the human body. - The Economist

Marijuanax-large1.jpg

Until 1883, from 75 - 90 percent of all paper in the world was made with cannabis hemp fiber, including that for books, Bibles, maps, paper money, stocks and bonds, newspapers, etc. The Gutenberg Bible (in the 15th century), Pantagruel and the Herb pantagruelion, Rabelais (16th century), King James Bible (17th century), Thomas Paine's pamphlets, The Rights of Man, Common Sense, The Age of Reason (18th century), the works of Fitz Hugh Ludlow, Mark Twain, Victor Hugo, Alexander Dumas, Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland (19th century) and just about everything else was printed on hemp paper. - Jack Herer

DrugPolicy_14861.jpg

If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation, then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles, meeting all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time. That substance is the same one that did it all before, Cannabis Hemp, Marijuana! - Jack Herer

DrugPolicy_14531.jpg

The rate of reduction of crime appears to be steeper for states passing MML laws as compared to others for several crimes such as homicide, robbery, and aggravated assault. The raw number of homicides, robberies, and aggravated assaults also appear to be lower for states passing MML as compared to other states, especially from 1998 - 2006. These preliminary results suggest MML may have a crime reducing effect. - The Huffington Post

DrugPolicy_14301.jpg

I was a heavy drinker, but the alcohol affected my heart rather than my liver. So I stopped. And I miss it. I really like that kind of life. I smoke grass now. I say that to everybody, because marijuana should be legalized. It's ridiculous that it isn't. If at the end of the day I feel like smoking a joint I do it. It changes the perception of what I've been through all day. - Robert Altman | The Guardian

DrugPolicy_14271.jpg

Back
Top Bottom