430w HPS vs T5 fluorescent 2ft x 8

hydro-noob

HI guys i'm new here POST 1, first INDOOR HYDRO.

Ok I've got 2ft x 2ft space, a closet. I need/want to be low profile. It is far from my window.....i'm worried about heat.

I'm looking at these:

T5's 2000 lumen/24w bulb x 8 so 16000 lumens
or
430 w Agro 53000 lumens :)

Agro is obviously better and hotter, Would I need ventilation?

Agro $300
4x 24w t5 = $195
8x 24w t5 = $375

What light should I pick?
Will 8x be ALOT better then 4x, Can i get chronic with 4 bulbs in that area?

I will be running a passive hydro setup.

I'd rather not set up a duct and fan, unless someone has a great idea for me :) anyone?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

HN

Ok Thanks for the advice.

I'll definitely have a fan in the room for circulation.

But what should I buy, 4 bulb or 8 bulb? Maybe i should only get 4 bulb then buy some single bulbs to put at the side of the plant rather then only at the top??

I've did my lux calculation for 4 bulbs 21500 or so, is this sufficient to grow a nice mother plant? I DON"T KNOW

so how do yo combat that problem menial?

By taking clones in batches, just gave her a break of about a fortnight and drastically pruned her back, took a load of clones. I didn't want to overstress her with frequent pruning. Hopefully now she'll bush out instead of up.

I'm considering changing the mix for my mother. Well, replacing the mother with a clone from her, but this time having a much greater deal of perlite in the mix, currently its a mix of perlite, vermiculite, worm castings, neem coir and dolomite lime. As she requires infrequent watering I'm concerned about her roots getting enough o2 afterwards as it takes a while for her to dry out the soil. Hopefully the perlite will allow me to flush more regularly without the fear of suffocating her.

In my humble opinion a mother should be in soil, Only because this makes your favorite plant easy to take with you in case of emergency such as, arroused suspicions, natural disaster, or just to make her portable.

Dude... just get a 2 bulb T-5 with cool whites and hang 43 Watt CFL's from it...

Like this...

IMG00449-20100826-1404.jpg

This will stay cool and provide optimum light with least energy usage... :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom