75 & 100 watt equivalent CFL

ryansaur

I'm new to growing and found that after a little research CFL bulbs are supposed to be the more energy and heat efficient, especially for a small space. So I decided that I'll soon be making a rather small stealth grow area similar to a pc build. I have 2, 75watt equivalent CFL daylight and 1, 100watt equivalent soft white. Does anyone know if that's enough lighting in a small area for roughly 1-3 plants. I'm hoping to make an area around 2feet tall and 2-3 feet long and a depth around a foot. All help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hey I would be glad to help you deisgn a stealth cab. So what exactly is the canopy area?

2foot long by 1 foot wide at 2feet tall? How much buds you plan on grwoing? Just asking casue the wattage seems pretty low.

I went back to the store and got 2- 120v, 27watt, 5000k daylight CFLs
& 2- 120v, 23watt, 2700k soft white CFLs. The dimensions for the cab area
are now (28 3/8in. H)(29in. L)(11 1/2in. W) I bought a solider so I could hang
two lights at a time for faster growth. Also for the cab I'm wanting to do a home
made carbon filter on the top left of the box and an intake fan at the bottom right
similar to a pc stealth grow. I've heard mixed review on pc fans though and this grow
has to be silent and odor pertected. Last but not least I got some "easy liner" that people
use for their dishes that hold in cabinets and stuff. I'm definitely going to use it after I run cables in my box because it's rather water proof and it's a mat white. How reflective is it? Or should I cover with pandas plastic too?

Also all wood is 1/4 inch ply recycled from furinture that's been varnished on the outside so once it's done it should look pretty much the same just shorter. I was going to nail in a tarp like door with zippers on the front for easy access but don't know where I could find something like that and I don't know how affective it is. But I want to do the tarp with zipper door then use Velcro around the sides and then out the other side of Velcro on some wood that looks like a cab for a false front so it keeps the disguise.

if you need to make it quieter cover the whole inside of box with tile backer board from home depot, it's like cement board, nice n sound detaining. then leave you venting pipe back in off the outer edge of the box, like a sub woofer tube port. no fan is completely silent and with those cfs you will need to vent alot!

I was thinking of making a square foot box to mount in the top left of the box with two 120mm fans pulling air from in the box into the square foot box that will be the carbon filter then out of another 120mm pc fan.

Back
Top Bottom