8th week of flowering burnt leaves around buds

stonerjoe

I am in my 8th week of flowering and have noticed some burnt leaves near my buds and wondered what could be the problem. I haven't had any of the bud sites closer than one foot from my 400 watt HPS bulb. Here are some pictures i took today:
This image shows a bud with a really burnt looking leaf at the top of the picture.
bud126.jpg

The second picture shows a different bud with a closeup of the burnt leaf.
bud220.jpg

This picture doesn't show any burnt leaves, but I wondered what people thought of it.
bud317.jpg

A pic of a burnt leaf
leaf14.jpg

Another closer look at the burnt leaf
leaf22.jpg

Hi, Maybe tell us were you are with your fertilizer program.
Are you feeding them, if you are tell us what you are feeding them.
Or are you flushing now.
What style of growing technique are you using.
It doesn't seem to be nute burn. I need more info to help.
Mag def. ?

Hi, Maybe tell us were you are with your fertilizer program.
Are you feeding them, if you are tell us what you are feeding them.
Or are you flushing now.
What style of growing technique are you using.
It doesn't seem to be nute burn. I need more info to help.
Mag def. ?

I have been using the Fox Farm feeding schedule using Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. I haven't fed them for two weeks, flushed them last Wednesday(well I flushed about half the plants, wanted to see the difference between just leeching them and actually flushing them with 2x the water). It is a soil grow using Promix soil with 25% perlite. I expected to be harvesting this week, but the trichomes are still clear so I guess it might be a little longer. I did have a problem about week 2 of flowering where i needed to flush the soil due to what people were saying I had nute lockout. This might have stunted them for a week or so. But everything has been fine until I noticed the burn marks. Most of the tops of the colas are really dry now and some have the burned leaves like in this picture. They got really big and I needed to tie the plants down at about week 4 of flowering. But I always have had the plants at least 12 inches from the light.

As for mag def, I am sure there is since I flushed half the plants and the other half haven't been feed for two weeks since I was planning on harvesting soon.

Hi stonerjoe, I like to use FF nutes also. I grow in coco, thus the handle.
The leafs look burned. Could this be your light being to close? In the last weeks of flower I use the completely organic Big Bloom only, at a little less than recomended. And the last week(s) of flower only water and Clearex.
My plants will start changeing color in the leaves, but never look burned. If your plants have healthy areas and they are burned only at the tops, it would be your light. Your reflector can have what is called hot spots. Hot spots in the reflector burn the plants in certain locations only. The answer to that is a light mover, buy a new reflector ,or raise your light. I really hope I have helped you. I wont ever grow in soil again, I don't feel in control of the growing procees. That's just me. :peace:

Hi stonerjoe, I like to use FF nutes also. I grow in coco, thus the handle.
The leafs look burned. Could this be your light being to close? In the last weeks of flower I use the completely organic Big Bloom only, at a little less than recomended. And the last week(s) of flower only water and Clearex.
My plants will start changeing color in the leaves, but never look burned. If your plants have healthy areas and they are burned only at the tops, it would be your light. Your reflector can have what is called hot spots. Hot spots in the reflector burn the plants in certain locations only. The answer to that is a light mover, buy a new reflector ,or raise your light. I really hope I have helped you. I wont ever grow in soil again, I don't feel in control of the growing procees. That's just me. :peace:

I plan on buying a new light system and reflector soon. Will this affect my buds though you think?

I plan on buying a new light system and reflector soon. Will this affect my buds though you think?

SJ,
If it is heat which it looks like either raise your light or tie the top of the plant down. If the buds dry out your smoke will be harsh and not very strong. You are so close to the finish line. You can make it with a couple of minor adjustments. If the top is getting hot the plant is likely using more water. Be sure to keep an eye on that as well.

How close is that 400w Hps and do you have a fan moveing the air?

Right now none are closer than about 14" and I have an oscilating fan blowing directly on the tops of the buds. I had it directed at the light, but I thought that wouldn't be as good since I wanted to spreed it around. Maybe I should go back to pointing it directly at the light?

SJ,
Hold your hand over the tallest bud top with the light on. If it's too hot to hold your hand there it is too hot for the plant. The back of your hand should be toward the light.

I have tried that and it is not that hot. I can hold my hand there all day long and it never gets very hot when I do that. It is only a 400 watt. I am just hoping its not something else this close to harvest. I already flushed so I don't want to feed them again since I should be harvesting in about a week.

If it's just a few leafs and it's close to harvest, I wouldn't worry about it. The rest of the bud looks healthy from the pic. The plant is getting ready to end it's life cycle. It's pretty normal for the leafs to die ugly on a lot of strains. It looks like you've done a good job.
Peace
:peace:

:thumb:
I am in my 8th week of flowering and have noticed some burnt leaves near my buds and wondered what could be the problem. I haven't had any of the bud sites closer than one foot from my 400 watt HPS bulb. Here are some pictures i took today:
This image shows a bud with a really burnt looking leaf at the top of the picture.
bud126.jpg

The second picture shows a different bud with a closeup of the burnt leaf.
bud220.jpg

This picture doesn't show any burnt leaves, but I wondered what people thought of it.
bud317.jpg

A pic of a burnt leaf
leaf14.jpg

Another closer look at the burnt leaf
leaf22.jpg

all it is is nutrent burn and light dep. just flush twice once wait a day then flush agine, wait a day then use some cal mac then let dry then continue your regular feeding schudle. good luck on keep up the good work!!!!

Back
Top Bottom