920 watt Plantmax conversion bulb

dube

420 Member
Hi Everybody
New on the site and to growing.My first grow went fantastic Pineapple Kush, Norhtern Lights,Acapulco Gold.Apollo 13 X Vortex and Royal Haze. This first grow was started and almost finished with a non switchable 1000 MH light bringing the plants out to sun by the pool when possible. Obviously they grew awsome 5 1/2' buds falling over.In the meantime I bought a Progro 400 and a Progro 400W put the 400W in the bloom room and the 400 over the plants in the grow room. 2 weeks before harvest I bought a Plantmax 940W conversion bulb to switch to HPS in the bloom room. Of course the new plants Cherynobl,Critical+ and Power Africa are puny. Moved to the bloom room with the Plantmax bulb there is no stretch at all the plants are blooming but are spindly and 2 1/2' tall. Nutes started out as Dyna Gro grow and bloom but switched to Botanicare. Although I like the results in my grow room (moved the 400W to the grow room) I'm not sure if the stunted growth is from the light or the nutes (don't really think its the nutes). Do you think it is the bulb and I should replace the light with a designated HPS light? Sorry so winded.:thanks:

its really hard to determine if you change more than one thing at once
id say throw the original light you did good with back or same type of bulb
and use the botanicare see if any changes as long as the plants aren't already
overly stressed to do good
switch it around on another grow and see if it differs

and make a grow journal and welcome to :420:
put the link to your journal in your signature you can do that by going to user cp up top there and scroll down on the left theres a edit signature put the link to your journal there and people can follow it and its easier cause they can join by hitting the link on your sig
every post you do its easier to find

Your light is too high above your plants. Place your hand underneath the light and move it to the point you can not feel any heat from it and move the light above your canopy to that position, raise the light as your plants grow.

here are some lumen versus distance charts, they do not take heat into account

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom