A Talk about "Hippies"

FinShaggy

Alright. So I want to start off with the past, but PLEASE don't cling to this part. It is a very small part of what I have to say. A "Hippie" in the past was just someone that was within the culture. They didn't necessarily believe in the ideas that were taking hold. A person considered a hippy may have believe in the ideas. But not every single one did. Some even now say, "I was just really high, trying to have fun, and being stupid." But, that's because that individual WAS "Really high trying to have fun and being stupid" And that individual was not thinking ANY deeper than that. So even in the past the term "Hippie" was not the best word, not to say that there was a best word. There was just words, not "good" words to describe everything well.
There were Yippies, Hippies, Stoners, tweakers, Acid heads, and more words lost to history. But a lot of these words are used interchangeably today.

These words are not interchangable. These people may do similar things, and may have similar ideas. But they are all different things.

"Hippy" is used and was used very generally. Someone who wears peace signs a lot. or someone who simply has long hair, or smokes a lot of weed. A cop can smoke a lot of weed.

The MAIN question I want to ask is...

What The Fuck is the deal with EVERYONE thinking Hippies are driving around in prius's, and other little shitty cars?

People call me a Hippy. White people say I look like Jesus, Mexicans say I look like Shaggy, Black people say I look like young Snoop. I don't like being called a hippy. But I look like I look, and my clothing option doesn't help, but I'm not walking around in tie die or peace signs. So a long haired stoner is a hippy?

I want Three Vehicles:
A little boat, for travel (maybe upgrade eventually)
A Bus (Like semi modern school bus)
And an old Cady Deville

So I just want to let everyone know. There's more than just "Hippies". And even if noone cares that there are more things, PLEASE stop generalizing it as in the arena with someone who's going to gloat over you because they recycle and drive a prius.

It's about being "Real", and being able to handle yourself in real situations, and think in ways you can apply to the real world. Not following an old label.

Actually...for me I do not care if I am called a hippy, stoner, pot head,stupid etc...
There is way too much B.S about proper language...I, m not a hippy I,m a medical marijuana user?....it's not 3 blind mice, it's 3 rodents with impaired vision?..It's not Weed it's Herb?
It's not the "word" it is how its used! Way too many folks hung up on being put into a category or group of people.

My nickles worth on this.....
Let the small minded....be small and let them go on their way.

"Hippie" can mean just about anything these days.

Just another one of those stratifying words.

People use it in different contexts, to describe different things about different people, and then try to lump them all together somehow.

Aint ever takin a blade or a pair of clippers to my face again. Not gonna cut my hair anymore either - lettin all my shit grow. I'm quittin' with all this stupid mainstream personal grooming shit of being clean shaven and clean cut, and whatever other straight-laced Joe Citizen crap people are into nowadays.

My hair (on my face and head) is gonna be so massive I'm gonna look like Santa Claus when (and IF) I get to be 80~90 years old. Imagine that. A 6'4" tall Santa Claus smokin a joint underneath some Mistletoe.

Hell Yeah.

Same here. Last place I worked, one of the managers told me I looked like young Santa. Thick ass hair. Puffy beard, not long yet though.

Back
Top Bottom