Acid rain effect

trapgodd

so I know my ec is a little high I'm having ph drop in vegging I knew weird things were happening in taking in to much phosphorus I believe making ph lower as it puts off c02 . plus I'm worried I was giving to much air to my solution thus adding more co2 while breaking of surface tention oxygenating the solutiin and naturally making ph fluctuate . now I'm pretty sure with water level dropping ph dropping in veg and ppm static possibly raising I am over concentrated I need a flush and dealing solution . I was up to 2100 . it was actually not causing any signs of problems I am just sure based off my nutes dripping in ph so quickly after the third day I am causing my solution to release that co2 . now my. roots are stained orange kinda *it's not the light . I don't see the fish bone root system I once did now early in grow it's just the bare straight roots in a web now I want them white again I don't know how to get them back . and to anyone who says root rot my system runs bennies in the event my chiller breaks which keeps a constant temp of 66 sometimes 65 . so I guess I must do more frequent res change ? lower air going into system I have 2 60 gal air pumps from Wal-Mart. basically a 4 .5 gallon system root zone is big been vegging 6 weeks now . I just want the acid rain effect to stop without lowering my ppm thus plant can easily take the 2000 ppm range since I started transition to bloom . . so please give me some suggestion in the root situation to help bring them back white and my acid effect in my dwc

Hey TG -- That was a lot of verbiage to wade through! Mabye give a brutha a break by inserting a paragraph break every now and then? ;)

My first reaction is that it sounds like you're overthinkin' it, man. "Surface tension oxygenation," CO2 imbalance, and stuff like that sound conceivable but unlikely and in any case very difficult to measure or monitor without a lab.

And 2000 PPM sounds awfully high to me. Maybe start by checking the manufacturer's recommendations?

Maybe it's not as rigorously scientific as what you're shooting for, but my approach is just to have good nutrient movement, good nutrient oxygenation, correct nutrient concentration (don't be greedy!)... overall, just common sense, put the basics in place and don't sweat the small stuff.

Then once you get a stable, productive growing environment, adjust one variable at a time to see if that helps or hurts.

We're just growing weeds here, man. Don' gotta make it a moonshot! ;)

Just my .02. Good luck and have fun

Hey TG -- That was a lot of verbiage to wade through! Mabye give a brutha a break by inserting a paragraph break every now and then? ;)

My first reaction is that it sounds like you're overthinkin' it, man. "Surface tension oxygenation," CO2 imbalance, and stuff like that sound conceivable but unlikely and in any case very difficult to measure or monitor without a lab.

And 2000 PPM sounds awfully high to me. Maybe start by checking the manufacturer's recommendations?

Maybe it's not as rigorously scientific as what you're shooting for, but my approach is just to have good nutrient movement, good nutrient oxygenation, correct nutrient concentration (don't be greedy!)... overall, just common sense, put the basics in place and don't sweat the small stuff.

Then once you get a stable, productive growing environment, adjust one variable at a time to see if that helps or hurts.

We're just growing weeds here, man. Don' gotta make it a moonshot! ;)

Just my .02. Good luck and have fun
My apologies Scientific my phone was almost put of charge at that time and I was afraid all I had written would have just erased.

Now as far as all that I tried to throw together . I am showing signs of sulfer defienciey now. I did not add that on the previous post I am wondering when I add the 4 tsp of Epson salt if it's Gibbs wack out my ph . then I'm going to shock plant . I already have red purple stems I'm hoping is from the cold but I doubt that

Back
Top Bottom