Adding mycorrhizae fungus?

d42zero

Hi again,

I bought a little packet of fungus similar to Great White... when is the best time to add this to my mix? I've only seen vague info on Great White like "a teaspoon once a week or so" so I'm guessing the amount isn't really important.. timing seems more important though from what I've read.

I only have a small amount, probably four or five teaspoons worth. If that's the case, when would be a good time to add it? Maybe half now and half in the first week of flowering?

Cheers

Read the dosage section in this link from a UK company I use and see what you think you should use but you should only need to do it twice as the whole point is to just inoculate the roots with the endo-mycorr species and then they populate within the roots, forming a symbiotic relationship throughout the life of the plant.

Thanks @YellowBelly! I missed the boat on sprinkling it in when transplanting but I've watered a bit in and I'll give it another hit in a week or so... that link and a few others seem to suggest that sort of regimen so hopefully that helps a bit :)

I found a DIY article on multiplying your own innoculant so I might do that too, it takes a few months though so maybe that's something to think of for next time!

Back
Top Bottom