Adding vitamin B1 to water for new clones?

RandyL

Has anyone ever heard of adding vitamin B1 to water used to soak rockwool cubes for freshly cut clones? Someone I know who grows says it helps the new roots form more quickly, yet I have never heard of it anywhere else.

Anyone know anything about it?

Randy,

I usually wait until roots have sprouted and the cots have extended, but that being said: B1 has got to be one of the cheapest and most effective ways to promote root growth.

Recommend that you look into buying "Tarantula" and "Pirhana" from Advanced nutrients. Comparing my grows using the two AN products in my nute solution, I was amazed at the increase in root bulb size and health.
I normally wait until day 20, or so, before adding the AN products.

Don't forget to use H2O2 regularly.

Good luck,
Searcher

H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide? I've heard of people using it before, but I forget the details on how much per gallon. Any particulr type (% purity) of H2O2? ml / gallon, etc?

For the clones I just cut, I crushed up 2 B1 tablets ( 100 mg each) and added them to the gallon of water, then PH'd it to 5.7 . We'll see how it goes!

Randy,

On the B1, I obviously forgot to tell you, that the way I apply B1 is by buying a B1 based formula, formulated specifically for plant roots. You can probably go to your local nursery or even to Lowe's and pick up a bottle of the same stuff for just a few dollars. Just follow the directions on the bottle. Be sure to shake well before applying.

On the H2O2: I use the 3% stuff that is readily bought at any pharmacy. Some guys like to get the 35% pure H2O2 used in food processing and dilute that to 3%. If you go for the 35% H2O2, exercise extreme caution, the stuff is caustic. For every liter of nute solution in your tank(s), add 3ml of 3% H2O2 solution. Then every day add 25% of the original amount of the 3% H2O2 solution to make up for daily wastage.

Hope this helps.

Searcher:goodluck:

hey searcher i also add pirahna and tarantula along with kelp in my soiless mix prior to planting clones or seeds and w/ much sucess. almost 99%. i believe in beneficial bacteria and fungus, kelp and spring water prior to planting anything. then start a low level of nutes thereafter.
AN B-52 and Bud Candy are loaded w/ b1 carbs, amino acids, etc. good food and energy conversion, and increased metabolism.

Back
Top Bottom