Allergy to Marihuana

Jacob Bell

BARRY LISKOW, M.D.;
JAY L. LISS, M.D.; and
CHARLES W. PARKER, M.D.

- Author Affiliations

St. Louis, Missouri

Abstract

A 29-year-old housewife had symptoms consistent with an anaphylactoid response after smoking a marihuana cigarette for the first time. Scratch testing and passive transfer studies confirmed an immunologic basis for her response and indicated that it was related to the cannabinoid and perhaps specifically to the tetrahydrocannabinol component of the marihuana plant.
Article and Author Information

▸From the Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Mo.

Supported in part by grants A100219, MH 05804, and MH 09247, U.S. Public Health Service, Washington, D.C. Dr. Parker is the recipient of Research Development Award A109881, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.

Source: Allergy to Marihuana

When first reading the title before clicking I thought, something used to grow said cannabis.

After reading the article I thought, was the test REAL cannabis?
If not what is the real difference in-between synthetic cannabis (used in the allergy test) and natural organic cannabis? Is the synthetic test truly telling?

Also seems there NOT doing anything to figure out WHICH CBD and or cannaboid she is REALLY allergic too, as the non-allergic cannaboids could still have medical value and said knowledge is important and relevant to others.

Another fine example of the lack of care and knowledge in the Cannabis field even too true patients.

I developed an allergy after many years of use. Now when I harvest I get a runny nose then blocked nasal. had no problems the first forty five years. Just the last five it developed. It is only temporary so nothing to make me give it up. mostly just curing and smoking fresh weed. I semi remember an accupuncture/accupressure trick of squeezing what you are allergic to as hard and long as you can in a fist with nails digging into palms. Just have to remember to try it.

I developed an allergy after many years of use. Now when I harvest I get a runny nose then blocked nasal. had no problems the first forty five years. Just the last five it developed. It is only temporary so nothing to make me give it up. mostly just curing and smoking fresh weed. I semi remember an accupuncture/accupressure trick of squeezing what you are allergic to as hard and long as you can in a fist with nails digging into palms. Just have to remember to try it.

This could be indicative of mold getting into your respiratory system. Your profile says NW Oregon.. PM and mold are pretty common out there. Has anything changed in the last 5 years that Could be exposing you to anything like that?

This could be indicative of mold getting into your respiratory system. Your profile says NW Oregon.. PM and mold are pretty common out there. Has anything changed in the last 5 years that Could be exposing you to anything like that?
That's not the mold it's the pot itself just smoking a joint hanging it being around it I get the sniffles and not a bad reaction just slight and goes away right after I'm away from it

There is an identical thread on this already from 2013! 🤣
Appeared no one was interested.

Back
Top Bottom