Aloe Vera cloning

highsakite

Hi all,

i came across a thread here on 420 about using aloe vera as a rooting agent, so thought i'd give it a whirl.
i had a plant that was in a box, but then had to go outside due to heat issues.
inside it was on 11/13 light schedule trying to force it to flower, while outside the daytime hours are pretty much the opposite and it never really got used to the sudden reversal of day/night hours...

so following the instructions in the thread, i mixed up some pure aloe in water and cut the main tops from the plant. i left the cuttings in the mix overnight (the thread said to leave them in the mix for half a day or so) and put them in a pot with soil the next morning. today is day 2 in the pot. i haven't seen any wilting yet, in fact they look better than before the experiment began.

IMG_194013.JPG
IMG_194116.JPG

anyone else out there tried this with aloe vera?

cheers

well it's now day 4, and the lower leaves of the cuttings have started to wilt and yellow, which is to be expected...

IMG_194315.JPG
IMG_194417.JPG
IMG_194516.JPG
IMG_194620.JPG
IMG_194812.JPG

any thoughts?

well after a week, all but one have given up the ghost...
and the remaining one looks like it's going the same way

can't win 'em all...

Damm...!!! I gotta try that too ....lol but I have used household honey to great effect, even a pinch of aspirin in the water if you are short of (UGH!) Clonex

ps.
you may get them to live longer had you put a plastic see thru bag over them to prevent them dying of thirst, then each time you see them wilt, re apply the plastic bag, spray water 2-3 times a day ...like you do on traditional clones

Hi nice idea for an experiement.
Honey and apsirin,sugar I also know.

Test with grazing water(auxin) its 90%healty only pour with this in soil.

Aloe does work a treat in cloning (not used it on cannabis personally, but on several other species). Aspirin works, but willow bark tea works better (same ingredient without the added acetyl group).

Also, had you cut the length of the leaves to about 1/3 their original length, that would have reduced water loss through leaves and reduced the amount of foliage needing food/water from still nonexistent roots. Helps conserve power to start and build new roots.

Did you put them directly into "full strength" soil or seedling soil? In future, go for some "not so nutritious it will burn the new roots" type seedling soil or rockwool.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom