Am I missing something for maintaining a healthy soil?

Fredthesmoker

Okay this is my fourth grow, and havn't been 100% succesfull until. Have got problems with microbes and uptake of nutrients until now using GHE floratrio.

Just ordered new Chocolate mint OG seeds, and i think i might afterall are on the right road to make a healthy grow from start to harvest, but i would like some advice from here, since this is the forum to collect usefull info on.

My medium is Gold label light mix. Just got the Advanced Nutrients sensi g+b and biobizz calmag, aswell i got GHE synthetic Calmag. Ive also invested in RO system.

Would this lineup be enough to keep a healthy soil? Reading a lot about you guys recomending making your own organic soil, but i think im not able to establish this, since im a bit too lazy to mix all these different ingredients.

I have considered buying worm casting, to give the soil some microbes. Could that replace using calmag?

Is there an easy way to secure a more healthy grow. Or am i doing it the right way with these products ??? (MC is not a choice for where im from, Denmark)

Hey Fred, welcome to 420.
When using RO water it strips some minerals out of the water, so the calmag is great way of restoring minerals. I've not used advanced nutrients, but I take it that's a standard grow and bloom, the g+b along with calmag will do well.
The other things I would look into are a good silica, that makes strong plant cells. Also a mychorhizea for good root development early on and microbes, lastly, maybe a flower booster for late flower, I use a pk 9/18.
These other things I just listed are extras that you can choose to use or not, they just help a little.

Oh, and starting a journal here on 420 can be very helpful. Lots of great people here that will help you through the grow.

Thanks for the great adwice . I will definitely get those things I really strive getting this grow done perfectly. Leads me to another question. How often and in what kind of dosage should i use the calmag. As mentioned i've got the synthetic GHE calmag and lately i bought the organic version, in the believe that i cannot overdose the organic one. But i have also read that using organic products in a non organic grow is a no go.

So should i stick to the organic, or should i go back to synthetic?

I've got a lot of questions, but surely i found out the tough way, that calmag is a must with every watering using RO water and LED's

I don't really know how organic works, but I'm sure the organic calmag should work fine, you just can't classify your grow as organic if using non organic products.

How often and in what kind of dosage should i use the calma
The bottle should have directions on it, just follow them at the lower dosage to begin with.
that calmag is a must with every watering using RO water and LED's
Yes, with RO water it's needed. With LED it can cause extra cal needs but you'll already be adding it for the RO water.

Back
Top Bottom