ANTS! Need Help

420AM&PM

Well, When i transplanted my biggest plant i didnt have enough soil to use so i went out side and dug some up and mixed it with miracle grow .... Now i have ants in my pot, im using one of those aroma seal coffee cans as my pot. I did a search and tryed some of the bug remedys but nothing helps ... Anything i can use to kill them without harming my plant ??? Thanks alot! :joint:

Re: ANTS!! Need Help ...

420am&pm said:
Well, i didnt have enough soil to use so i went out side and dug some up and mixed it with miracle grow .... Now i have ants in my pot, im using one of those aroma seal coffee cans as my pot.

Outside soil has to much clay in it alot of the time. I think to get rid of ants you probrobaly should re transplant possible. I dont think miracle grow is very good. It makes it taste like crap. is this do to the soluble potash?
There is some remedy that uses peppers. but i dont know what it is

Dont worry about the miracle grow ... It will be transplanted when its ready in only outdoor soil so the miracle grow will wear off. I tryed the 1/2tsp dishwash liquid/ 1/4 tsp cooking oil/ 1 qt warm water ... and it dont seem to help ...Ever time i see and ant in my soil i kill it so ... Ive killed prolly 5-6 already just today lol. I just hope they dont start eating what there not suppose to ...

try digging up an anteater...lol. No for real though, just lure them away from your pot with some sugar, and then SMASH 'em with a newspaper.
Unless you dug up a whole colony of leaf-cutter ants, you should be fine

i tihnk you can buy this stuff at your local "wal-mart", called ant-food, it kills bugs and insects without hurting your crops.... kinda pricey tho

I have no idea, I didnt think it was that many but ... I dunno im just gunna keep doing this homemade thing for now and see what happens. The plants still doing great so ...

you can buy the ant traps at the store .Like the roach traps the ants eat the poison and take it back to the nest and it infects the other ants and they all die

You can buy aunt killing shit at your local gardening center.

ChefTim420 said:
you can buy the ant traps at the store .Like the roach traps the ants eat the poison and take it back to the nest and it infects the other ants and they all die

I never though about that, I got some stuff in the basement that you put out on a peice of cardboard .... its like a thick glue that doesnt harden but it llike kills the aunts before they can get off the cardboard , the shits like really sticky. I'll just put a peice out inside the plant dish ...

brett2themax said:
You can buy aunt killing shit at your local gardening center.

Bret, thats murder...
But killing Ants, is just fine, lol, yea just go get some ant killer from your garden store...:bongrip:

if it's a trail leading to the pot (haha) draw a circle with cinnamon around it-they won't cross it. If it's in the pot I'd use one of those non harmful ant killers they were talking about.

Back
Top Bottom