Anyone use T-5 flourescents? old friend did and worked

i just added 2 more 48" t5 tubes into the small closet, it will be more than enough light to keep my mothers alive and healthy and my clones growing... i will be using a 400w hps for the flowering stage. i just dropped a few bagseeds in a jiffy pot to just play around untill my seeds got here., and damn it just exploded in 7 days under 24hr light.

yea you could if you want! just by switching to the warm blub. but from what i have learned from this fourm and youtube, you just need a little more juice for flowering , good dank bud! by the time my plants need to flower i will have saved enough for the hps. good luck bro

im using the 6500k T8 48" tube, 8 days in.. just some ok bagseed

rsz_bagseed_grow_004.jpg

yes used these and turned out great except for mold so had to harvest early

C092608_1221_00.jpg

next year better insulation and heaters for humidity control

any flouros wiil work if they are close enough

minor hijack have any of you folks used the t5 actinic or 460 nm
flouros for aquarium sets to grow with

Seedlings don't need intense light, all that'll do is dry out the soil. All they need is some dim light to give em direction. 1-2 foot above the soil should be fine. After the first pointy leaves show, lower the lights to about 6 inches above the tops.

Oh I'm sure it can be done no doubt , however MH and HPS yield and eliminate possible stretching or slow growth.

I am running 4 (four) 24" T-5's in my cloning area of my grow cab. They seems to do well, as long as i can ventilate the area well. They put off a LOT more heat than any T-12 or T-8 I have seen. Two fixture of two bulbs each of one veg and one flower spectrum. In the middle of them is a single T-8 24" 20 watt bulb for seedlings or early clones.

Peace:yummy:

I had a friend in Atlanta that used the T5 lights. (flourescents) and although I don't know if he got the same results as a HPS, but it did work all the way through from veg, then switched the lights for bloom. Worked well, although don't know if he got a lesser amount bud or not?

Anyone else use something like this? No heat and half the electric.
Plug n play.

My primary overhead light is a 250 watt MH. Problem I see is once the plants have a good canopy, everything underneath it seems to get very little light. I tried having two 4' dual bulb T12 lights on either side trying to get some light to the lower areas of the plant. The T12's are dismal to say the very least so I took them out and installed four 24" T5 Dual bulb lights. With a 3000K spectrum, they look like a sodium, much more red than my Agrosun Gold MH bulb. (It's supposed to have a lot more red, but that's debatable).

This has given me 8 more bulbs, and right where I need them-at the lower end of the plant. I am going to have to build a shield around the bulbs to protect the leaves. Maybe some chicken wire? Any suggestions? The T5's are a helluva lot hotter than any T12. Much too hot for a leaf or a bud to lay on them, and my plants are already squeezed for space. I don't know if this addition will present any more heat issues. It's throwing 224 more watts in the grow cab. Time will tell. Like a day probably. Heat has been my #1 pain is the keester with this project.

Peace:bong:

I'll keep you posted

:roorrip:

you have both sets of lights.. One for veg and one for bloom..right?

Back
Top Bottom