Are these a threat to cannabis plants?

In the last three days I've plucked two of these off of my outdoor plant. If I found two there are probably more. I don't know what to call it other then an inch worm. But I have a bad feeling it's a plant eating inch worm of some sort. Do I need to worry about it? If so how do I get rid of them without ruining the buds/plant? Would a layer of diatomaceous earth be helpful?

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

Someone said the DE is not effective after it gets wet/rained on.

I have thought about that. If a sharp object gets wet, it's still sharp. Also, we feed it to our pets, livestock, and - sometimes - ourselves in order to kill intestinal worms and other parasites, so my guess is that it's still fully-functional in a wet environment. But that, like many of the thoughts I have, is just a guess.

I have thought about that. If a sharp object gets wet, it's still sharp. Also, we feed it to our pets, livestock, and - sometimes - ourselves in order to kill intestinal worms and other parasites, so my guess is that it's still fully-functional in a wet environment. But that, like many of the thoughts I have, is just a guess.
DE effectiveness depends on dispersion. When wet it clumps a bit, reducing its efficacy. Be aware that it is not safe to inhale physically. It's silica & can scratch up lungs.

It's also broad spectrum, so will also knock out beneficial insects & spiders, which is counter productive to effective & cheap pest control.

Why I never spray for pests

Back
Top Bottom