Auto flowers

Connie147

Here is my first auto grow ,,,all plants are 19 days old apart from smaller pot which is only 10 days old ,,my questions is can I or should I top these girls with some LST training and when should I start to introduce nutrients or do I actually need them ..I’m growing in plant magic soil which says feeds for first 2/3 weeks ..light schedule is 20/4 with a 400w hps bulb about 18 inches from canopy ..temps sit between 23 and 27c lights on and 18/20c lights off with an rh of 60..I have included some pics ..stains are northern lights,ak,money maker and blueberry..nl seems to grow faster and taller than rest

D881B89A-AABC-4C43-A12D-FF3A24077D7C.jpeg

917DAAE8-5F0E-4F09-9BA9-DF799D9C8552.jpeg

38F6F4E4-EB93-4474-B1F4-54037EAA60DF.jpeg

605D7C65-BC5C-4ABF-A79A-6842A01D7059.jpeg

F5401F33-79B6-4277-A8FC-6A9BCBBC82E8.jpeg

792A40DD-DCFC-49D6-B347-17D7A65CABFD.jpeg

13777B9E-4A36-4961-9FF2-07290AD38FF1.jpeg

D6BFAA11-C75E-4235-8B6C-6652B255E523.jpeg

Yes, you can top autos. Usually early on, after the 4th or 5th node begins to show. I usually top my autos around 15-20 days.

The only thing you want to make sure of is not topping too late as with autos, you want them to have enough time to recover so they have a healthy transition to flowering.

LST you can do at any time.

Nutrients, up to you. I add MegaCrop nutes throughout my auto grows. But I've also seen people who just add once they get into flowering.

Here is my first auto grow ,,,all plants are 19 days old apart from smaller pot which is only 10 days old ,,my questions is can I or should I top these girls with some LST training and when should I start to introduce nutrients or do I actually need them ..I’m growing in plant magic soil which says feeds for first 2/3 weeks ..light schedule is 20/4 with a 400w hps bulb about 18 inches from canopy ..temps sit between 23 and 27c lights on and 18/20c lights off with an rh of 60..I have included some pics ..stgoing s are northern lights,ak,money maker and blueberry..nl seems to grow faster and taller than rest

D881B89A-AABC-4C43-A12D-FF3A24077D7C.jpeg

917DAAE8-5F0E-4F09-9BA9-DF799D9C8552.jpeg

38F6F4E4-EB93-4474-B1F4-54037EAA60DF.jpeg

605D7C65-BC5C-4ABF-A79A-6842A01D7059.jpeg

F5401F33-79B6-4277-A8FC-6A9BCBBC82E8.jpeg

792A40DD-DCFC-49D6-B347-17D7A65CABFD.jpeg

13777B9E-4A36-4961-9FF2-07290AD38FF1.jpeg

D6BFAA11-C75E-4235-8B6C-6652B255E523.jpeg
Good afternoon Connie, beautiful ladies you have there. :thumb:
Nice work so far.
The light plastic pots do you have lots of holes in them?
And they are semi transparent your great hps will shine right in.
Not great for the roots. :Namaste:
Wrap them in something the light can't shine through.
Oh and don't be afraid to fill them up , your wasting valuable real estate.
On your next run I'd recommend cloth bags.
Personally I'd lst an auto before topping.
But after the 5th node they are mature so your call.
I didn't get a chance to check out you soil but I'd get nutrients now my friend.
Most soils get depleted quickly and they will be going into flower before you know it.
Its important for bud size and formation you have proper nutrients.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill

What about defoliation,,is that ok to do to let more light into plant
They are in veg my friend.
Don't touch any leaves. :Namaste:
Let them grow, crank over the main stem if you want to do something.
But don't pluck anything.

Stay safe
Bill

Never thought colour of pots would matter but now I learned something else ,,ty bill , now that I have done that bill if I covered outside of pots would that help or should I just leave now and wait till next grow ,I have nutrients that use on normal photo plants when grown in soil is that ok for auto aswell or do I need something specific also can I use a pk booster

Never thought colour of pots would matter but now I learned something else ,,ty bill , now that I have done that bill if I covered outside of pots would that help or should I just leave now and wait till next grow ,I have nutrients that use on normal photo plants when grown in soil is that ok for auto aswell or do I need something specific also can I use a pk booster
I'd just wrap something around the outside, tin foil? Dark cloth?
Help the roots asap.
You are fine using nutrients for photo plants on autos no problem.
Personally if you use a F/W/F/w schedule with a good dry period I'd use the schedule that came with them.
Booster can be applied in flower at appropriate time.

Stay safe
Bill

Hello ,i topped my lsd auto flowers at the 4 th node and lollipopped all the branches from about 10 inches from the soil up , thank god i did as these plants are 4plus ft tall and just as wide and bushy as hell , i have always topped and lollipopped my auto plants didn't matter what i was growing for a cultivar , you can trim , thin out your plants if you like just don't do it once they start to look like they are starting to flower , the stretch phase will grow a lot of the leaves back and the smaller leaves will become the new fan leaves , i do it in small very frequent phases ,-every 2- 3 days , i am in flower now 3 weeks in and these plants look fantastic ,20/4 lights on and t.l.o. soil in cloth pots , don't trim like you can do photo plants up to 14 days in flower , that's the difference , the 1st sign of flowering stop all trimming etc , i like to let the extra air around the plants to breath and help keep the powdery mildew away , witch i have never had since i started thinning out my plants , as long as the plant is healthy to start , chop away but just use steady baby steps .

Since you have several plants going why not run an experiment? Leave one alone as a control, lst one and top another.
I've personally never topped an auto but they're so sensitive that I usually bend the top down enough for the lower branches to get equal light exposure

I just find if you don't top and trim auto`s you just wind up with more popcorn fluffy buds down low on the plant , and i don't find autos to be all that sensitive to me other than don't mess with them once they look like they are starting to flower , i have never grown a sativa or a indica auto plant , i have always grown a hybrid plant , ruderal's, indica/sativa bend , its a weed , i get 7-8 oz off a plant dry weight not including the popcorn bud i use to make dry sift with my pollen tumbler , i prefer quality over quanity , hence the tlo style grow , i may be ignorant to the yield i am losing but i am very pleased in the quality of the buds , topping gives me the size of buds i want on the 4-6 main colas. For me 2-3 inches long bud is good size, not looking for pop can size colas as they are problematic in the drying and curing stage for molds and don't have the potent flavors of the plant , i used to be a coco/perlite fem plants only grower for years and always left my plants in veg for 90 - 120 days minimum before the flip to flower , i always topped and trimmed the shit out of those plant and had huge cola`s up top but i felt the flavor was just lacking something , i find trimming etc works great with auto plants as long as you know the fine line between too much and not enough trimming. Its a learning curve no doubt about it .

Back
Top Bottom