Ayurvedic Medicine where Cannabis plant is used.

MalKumara

There are several Ayurvedic medicine where Cannabis is used for its medicinal properties. Among them, the most common medicinal preparations are:
Kameshvara Modakaya
Madana Modakaya
Buddhaaja Kalkaya
Ranahansa Rasayanaya

All these are taken orally, and legal in Sri Lanka as Over The Counter Ayurvedic Medicine.

Buddharaja Kalkaya is even given to Infants, and Madana Modakaya is sometimes prescribed to even Expectant Mothers because its ingredients (THC) are so much safe to be used.

How to Prepare Cannabis serum (oil) for use in Ayurvedic Medicine

In Ayurvedic Medicine, Fresh Cannabis leaves and seeds are used. The buds contain the highest concentration of the active medicinal compound, Tetra Hydro Cannabinol (THC), but the buds are not used in Ayurvedic medicine.

These leaves and seeds are simmered in Ghee (something like Butter) [controlling heat to not fry it] until all the medicinal compounds are dissolved in the oil base. This oil base is then filtered out and used in various Ayurvedic medicine.

Formula of the Ayurvedic Medicinal preparation of Madana Modakaya.

The main ingredient of this medicinal preparation is the Cannabis oil prepared as in the method given on my previous post. There, THC is suspended in an animal fat (oil) base.

The other herbs used in this preparation are as follows.
Thipal
Kottan
Corriander
Asamodagam
Stamens of Namal flower

Hey dude, I'm interested in giving a go at some ganja. Could you give me some pointers on where to get some. (Seeds would be even better).

For the greater smoky good...

Back
Top Bottom