Babies!

TheTron

S2400178.JPG
:bong: :bongrip: well I got these two growing and need to know why the stem of the plant is kinda purple just woundering what that means?:smokin:
S2400178.JPG

Re: Babies!!

ack! the pics arent working! anyway, your problem with the stem turning purple is most likely because of a low temperature. the plant will turn purple to keep itself warm. im not sure why but thats what it does. how close are your lights? if they are too far away then that might be it. hope this helps! take care and try to get the pics to work, we wanna see em. haha.

What conditions do you have right now, recent transplants? Purple stems are the plant showing it is under stress whether it be from heat light, water, nutes, shock, many factors, tell me more details.

I just started them I been watering them every time the top of the peat moss gets dry they are inside a phototron 300 sx the light is on all the time and i dont no of any nutrients that i need to give it:bong: :adore: :adore:

First of try watering when the soil is dry an inch or so down. Also what medium are you growing in, pure peat moss? If so this will not give you the required base you need. If your growing in enriched soil, then the soil should have enough nutrients in it for a month or so, but will have to replensish as the grow goes on. Either way, the plant is showing stress.

:hmmmm: thanks alot:adore: . the moss says canadian sphagnum and so im not sure what the medium is on the back it just says all kinds of bullshit about how to use it and what not, man this sucks its the nicest strongest looking one of the bunch and it has a purple stulk well the other one looks good but for some reason the silly little thing wants to grow down into the moss haha i pulled it back up so it could get the light and the other one well it doesnt look good....:bong:
:allgood:

S24001701.JPG

um lets see if you can get this to work my digital cam sucks so much ass its like 3 mg pics its like when they first came out with them so it really sucks but enjoy :bong: well i see that the pics work so ill through up all of them for ya
S24001721.JPG

the phototron

S24001691.JPG

S24001711.JPG

dude those bulbs look like they need to be changed.Bulbs are usually only good for one year when using to grow.And your soil does look a little dry. Do you have holes at the bottom of the cups? Seedlings grow best when the plant soil stays moist and will die fast if it gets too dry.And can you tell us the temp?

I like that little grow chamber, that's very cool looking. Looks a little small for more than one plant though. Besides what was said above, I don't think your plants are going to be close enough to the lights though. And you will eventually need more lights too. Four 40 watt bults will just barely be enough.
Just my 2 cents
Vin

:bongrip: :hmmmm: Hey whats up thought that I would fill ya in on the qestions you all have the bulbs that I have in there are brand new it just looks dim because of the out side panels are tinted so that you cant see inside when the light is turned off and the panels that you see there on the inside of them they are coted with a refltive shield to bounce light all over, in the owners manual it says you can grow up to 6 plants but i think is a little extrem three should work for me as for the temp inside the phototron I am not sure i know it should be around 60-70 I think but like i said before the seeds I got bag seeds I dont have the feedatron and I dont have an atomatic timer yet and now temp reader Im kinda short on funds as is everyone at times, but im doing with what i got im not going for the best of the best just want my babies to grow big and strong no holes in the bottoms of the cups and im using canadian sphagnum moss or Peat Moss if you like I think that does it and oh THANKS ALL WHO ARE HELPIN me like i said if i could share the bud i get (if any) i would gladly share with ya but untill then thanks for the help:adore: :smokin: one last thing there are 3 U bent bulbs in there thier growing lights.

is that the phototron? that thing is awesome looking! where did you pick one of those up at? i bet that they cost a pretty penny. but yeah. your soil does look dry, i juss figured that it was the peat moss. keep em watered and they will shoot up. o and that temperature might be a problem. keep it close to 80 degrees. when the you give them their dark time the temperature should drop around 15 degrees and no lower than 60 degrees. if it goes lower then it will stress the plant and you will have a lower chance of having a female. haha. you gotta baby em so that you will have a better chance at a lady plant. haha. well, everything looks awesome. i have never seen a grow in something like this so let me know how it goes. ill be following this journal from now to see how things are so if you have any questions or problems, juss ask. take care!

PURPLE STEMS are cuz of low temps, do not worry, as soon as the stem starts to sturdy-up and widen up, it'll shed that purple crud, and u'll end up with a nice green stem! w00t!:peace: :bongrip:

JuturnaSurvive said:
PURPLE STEMS are cuz of low temps, do not worry, as soon as the stem starts to sturdy-up and widen up, it'll shed that purple crud, and u'll end up with a nice green stem! w00t!:peace: :bongrip:

This is partially true. Temperature is one element that can cause a purple stem. When the stem goes purple it is a sign of stress on the plant. This can be caused by temperature, light, and humidity amongst other factors.

:smokin: Well since everyone seems to keep telling me that the temp is very important im going to go to walmart and buy a temp reader and put in the phototron im also lookin for a socket that has a electrical outlet on the other end of it so i can plug it into the hang plug in the tron

here is a pic of what i mean
S24001791.JPG

so anyway I hope i can find something that will work for that thanks again everyone for all the help
Ill keep pics updated and posts updated to keep on smoking:smokin: :bong:

:hmmmm: ok got a bit of a stupid qestion but when should i take it off a 24/0 light cycle the two that sprouted are about 1 week and a day ago old so do i start to change light cycle yet or maybe no im not sure help!!

thanks again everyone that is helpin and Lord Jebus you have a sweet lookin set up and grow and thanks for all the help:smokin:

My buddy has a phototron and I forgot about the tint, sorry.(I am always tring to get him to change his bulbs)
My normal light schedule for veg is first two weeks 24/7 then 18/6 til the flower period then its 12/12.
You can run the lights 24/7 all thru out the veg period but I seem too do very well with my light schedule so the plants can rest and process sugars,starches,hormones ect.

UpDATE well i seem to have fucked it all up i slacked off and didnt give my plants enough nuetrients so im going to try this over again i had two that made it through and im starting them over kinda they sprout a little late so i transplanted them into this new soil i got so ill get pics up in a week so you can see progress thanks everyone for the help:bong: :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom