Basic hydroponic system

Sana

I'm thinking about going to hydroponics instead of soil and prferably cheap.
I made this little sketch of the setup, and wanted to hear if someone has some ideas to make it better as i don't have any experience in hydroponics and its systems.

Also i would also put 2 air stones on the boddom.

indeed from what i see hydro>soil big time and as DWC is fairly simple and doesn't need alot of maintenence, its a good choice.
And with the GLH 2011 lamp and some co2 i'm gonna get record bud xD

:blunt:

some more motivation might be found by googling 'Rumple's collage of harvests and bud shots' ;)
:goodluck:

I'll defenitly check it out.
I'm wondering how i'm gonna get my nutrients in. i have tought of a water bottle with nuts in it and a tube on the upside of the cap and if i raise the bottle (like a water tower) higher then the point of the tube's end laying in the reservoir the nuts go in the reservoir , but still thinking about it.

for now i've just been lifting the lid and putting her back on top of an empty bucket while i fiddle with the res, she's getting a bit heavy and now i just grip the net pot since she's so firmly rooted in the thing. :p
I've read the open air from sitting in an empty bucket for a few minutes is supposed to help, not sure if that's true, but the roots like o2...

Not sure if I can post a direct link to his guide, but rumple has a fill and release valve on his buckets, the guide is in his sig though, you can just fill a identical bucket and set it on an elevated spot, hook up the tube, bam, done.
I'm getting a couple new buckets tomorrow for the clones who are ready to veg and will probably install the drain and fill valves for convenience.

also, for the buckets, you might want to look into lids that have a net pot already molded with the lid.

Ive been looking everywhere for those pots and apparently belgium doesn't know what hydroculture and its pots are in the garden shops -.-.
And haven't found any box that suits perfect for hydro, its either to small and black with no lid or to big and see trough with a black lid..

I got my pump and airstones and i'm gonna try working with a stop so i can open and close the nutrition reservoir to fill up the real tank untill it reaches the desired ppm.

I'm thinking about going to hydroponics instead of soil and prferably cheap.
I made this little sketch of the setup, and wanted to hear if someone has some ideas to make it better as i don't have any experience in hydroponics and its systems.

Also i would also put 2 air stones on the boddom.

Can I just say that I LOVE your picture? What a great idea and way to share your setup.

Looks like you're on the right track here with the info you found and hear from others.

good luck!

Thank you, paint ftw! :p

Yes this forum has been very helpful to find various info and different technique's to do it. I hope it will work. I will just buy a normal container and tape it and put alluminium foil around it to make it light tight.

I had a new idea on the nutrient thing. Would it be possible to make a round hole in the lit but small and put a tube in it. The tube(a black one) would be filled with those hydro pellets(so no light comes trough in the container) and a little filter in the middle, so they don't fall in the water.
And give the nutrients via the tube in the container?

Thank you, paint ftw! :p

Yes this forum has been very helpful to find various info and different technique's to do it. I hope it will work. I will just buy a normal container and tape it and put alluminium foil around it to make it light tight.

I had a new idea on the nutrient thing. Would it be possible to make a round hole in the lit but small and put a tube in it. The tube(a black one) would be filled with those hydro pellets(so no light comes trough in the container) and a little filter in the middle, so they don't fall in the water.
And give the nutrients via the tube in the container?

when you're referring to nutrients through a tube are they already mixed with water? If so, you might want to look into recirculating DWC, a main reservoir hooked to the DWC site and a water pump keeps the water circulating between the two with negative pressure.

when you're referring to nutrients through a tube are they already mixed with water? If so, you might want to look into recirculating DWC, a main reservoir hooked to the DWC site and a water pump keeps the water circulating between the two with negative pressure.

A little bit, i would make a bottle with nutrients in it mixed with a little bit of water and then i can add what i need. if i need water i put water trough the tube in the container and if i need more nutes i just take the bottle and pour it in the tube into the container.

Why waste your time with an air bubbler. If you use Aeroponics and DWC you'll be creating the same affect. With this method all you have to watch out for is that the roots don't clog the pump. I trim my roots back. I haven't seen any problems so far.

There are various techniques and systems with which hydroponic plants can be grown such as Deep Water Culture, Ebb and Flow, Drip System, Nutrient Film Techniques, and Wick System. Each of the hydroponics systems has its own technique to provide plants with water, food, and oxygen. Wick hydroponics systems best suited for small garden spaces. It is very easy to set up and requires minimal cost and gives highly efficient results in terms of flourishing and well nourished plants. This wick hydroponics system is ideal for beginners as it is not very expensive and is relatively very simple.

www.hydroponicsequipment.co

This links provides more information about wick hydroponics systems.

When I first went hydro, I started with DWC.
In your system add in some kind of a drain, for maintainence.
Figure some way to keep your res below 70 degrees, warm res is a recipe for desaster.
You don't have to have high ppm to get great results, your plants will tell you and show what they can handle.
If your looking for grow journals on DWC look in finished journal and find the Scooter Clowns they consistently have great grows with DWC.

Back
Top Bottom