Best option to lower pH level?

Detoxx

420 Member
My Ph level on one of my plants is reading 7.5. And this plant has the yelloish curling leaves and in my research this is due to the High ph, and the plant not being able to take in calcium and magnesium. What would be my best Ph lowering option??
E14B467C-8598-4A01-8662-6391E75E4078.jpeg

My Ph level on one of my plants is reading 7.5. And this plant has the yelloish curling leaves and in my research this is due to the High ph, and the plant not being able to take in calcium and magnesium. What would be my best Ph lowering option??
E14B467C-8598-4A01-8662-6391E75E4078.jpeg

I'd reccomend getting some ph down. Or researching organic options if that's what you are looking for. But now onto the essential information

So first off your medium requires a specific ph to properly absorb the nutrients. It looks like you are in soil, so the ideal ph is 6.2-6.5. For soiless yours looking at 5.5-5.8.

For best results you will want to flush your with 3x the water solution for your pot size. So if you run a 3gallon pot (12litre pot) you will want to flush with 9gallons (36litre pot). Properly balanced to your required ph. I would suggest investing in a ph pen. Mix your water solution for 30m and ph to your require level, then let stand for another hour and ph again. It should be good to poit through your soil

What's your soil mix? Because if you have dolomite lime it will buffer your pH in your soil but make sure you ph your feed if soil 6.3 if soilless I go for 5.8. a basic ph pen will do I get one from amazon for $20
I use a mix of FFOF/FFHP with perlite and my soils ph when fresh is 7.5
That looks like the same problem I had when I didn't ph pH my water/feed after I flushed my plants 3x the size of the pot I then feed feed a 1Gal of fresh nutes at 50% dose and the plants always bounces back after that.

What's your soil mix? Because if you have dolomite lime it will buffer your pH in your soil but make sure you ph your feed if soil 6.3 if soilless I go for 5.8. a basic ph pen will do I get one from amazon for $20
I use a mix of FFOF/FFHP with perlite and my soils ph when fresh is 7.5
That looks like the same problem I had when I didn't ph pH my water/feed after I flushed my plants 3x the size of the pot I then feed feed a 1Gal of fresh nutes at 50% dose and the plants always bounces back after that.
When you say “flush” do i literally poor that much water into the pot? I would think this could over water? Or do i a misinterpretation on what flushing is?

When you say “flush” do i literally poor that much water into the pot? I would think this could over water? Or do i a misinterpretation on what flushing is?
Also i have FFOF. Added in vermiculite, perlite, compost, and noir

Yes it literally means pouring that much water this way it will "restart" the soil. It can't be over water cause your soil will only retain a certain amount of water so all excess will ALWAYS be pushed out of the bottom of the pot just give it some time of excess to drain off after you feed again in flush. So if you're in a 3gal pot you'll need 9gal of water to flush your soil then feed the plants at 50% strength of the feed you've been feeding and plants will bounce right back in a few days but make sure you ph your feed no need to pH flush water.
Old leaves will not heal but new growth should be coming out fine.
FFOF will start running out of Calmag after the first month basically from what I've read around.

Back
Top Bottom