Best Way to Clean a Pipe?

Stl Bud

i was reading some other threads and one guy posted the idea of putting your pipe into a cup with rubbing alcohol and salt then shaking it, is this the best way to do it fast and efficiently? How long does it take for the pipe to dry out because i need it for tonight haha but want to clean it right now, what should i do? any info is appreciated. thanks guys

Using hot water with a lot of Oxy Clean (or generic powder works the best of everything I've tried. It pretty much all floats right to the top after soaking for ten minutes and whatever left is easy as hell to get out. Works better than Dawn direct foam (which is a runner up). Bleach doesn't do much. Rubbing alcohol did nothing for my bowl and neither did salt.

Dish soap works decent if you have nothing else.

Boiling for a while in plain water sometimes works and is good if your bowl is only a little dirty.

Pipe cleaners are always good to have to clean it fast and especially after soaking it in oxy clean.

They sell some expensive bowl cleaning shit online and at head shops but it is pretty much just oxy clean with a huge ass markup and fancy packaging.

Pure lemon juice also works well and vinegar works well. These both work better than dish soap. Lemon juice might be the best because it gives your bowl a nice lemony scent and you don't have to worry about smoking chemical residues.

Actally they make something to clean it with it is called Formula 420. It's like the salt and hot water. This can be used on pyrex-glass, metal, and ceramic. You should be able to find it in your head shop...

From what I hear Formula 420 works good, but for a quick and easy clean, run your kitchen sink as hot as it will go and put the pipe under the water. This usually works for cleaning out my glass bowls. Your kitchen will smell like weed for a bit, and it should dry out pretty quickly.

Salt & alcohol always works. You fill the pipe with salt and then pour in the alcohol. Let that soak for about an hour. Then shake it up and rinse it out with hot water a few times. Works everytime.

i jsut use isopropanol 99%....soak my pipe in the Iso skae it rinse it with a lit bit of iso..then burn off the the iso in the pipe ...dries in seconds

i was reading some other threads and one guy posted the idea of putting your pipe into a cup with rubbing alcohol and salt then shaking it, is this the best way to do it fast and efficiently? How long does it take for the pipe to dry out because i need it for tonight haha but want to clean it right now, what should i do? any info is appreciated. thanks guys

yeah i went looking for some alcohol but couldnt find any...... the i saw the fingernail polish remover. it worked in seconds cleaning my pipe to brand new status..... pore i in and shake it up... good luck

I was considering buying some of the cleaner stuff, super expensive though. I don't think we have 'oxy clean' in Australia, anyone know of an alternative? haha

K.I.S.S.

Alcohol breaks down the oily tar and the salt acts as the abrasive cleaning brush. Cheap and effective.

Just hot water turns the consistency from tar to grease that smears all over.

Salt and alcohol work just as good as 420 cleaner in my experience. The higher the percentage rubbing alcohol the better, regular salt works but the best is ice cream salt or rock salt, it's basically just giant salt crystals, they break down the resin a lot faster than regular salt. Also add a little bit of very hot water to the mix of alcohol and salt. I've used this method for years.

Back
Top Bottom