Best way to humidify

erockhardass

Hello,

I am going to be using am 8ft x 3ft x 6ft grow chamber, and I am wondering what the best way to increase the humidity would be. Should I just put a small humidifier right in the grow chamber?

Did you buy one of those pre-fabricated tents with the metal poles and black curtains with mylar on the inside? I was looking into buying one instead of building my own just because I dont feel like building another grow room. Let me know if thats what you have and how you like it.

E,
I did buy a prefab tent. I bought a Growlab 120L. Just set it up but have not grown in it yet. The tent itself looks like a very good quality. Nice heavy nylon fabric with great reflective material covering 100% of the inside. The floor is double layered with a removable liner for easy cleaning. The frame is just ok. It will serve the purpose just fine but I would like to see heavy gauge tubing. I took about 20 minutes to assemble solo working in a very tight space. If it was in a open room or garage it would be a 10 minute project.

do the cross beams on top seem like they would be stong enough to hold up lights? If so, how many? How many medium sized (8-10" pots) do you think you could fit in there, and still have enough room for flowering?

i was just wondering what % humidity are you trying to hit?? for veg its fine but for budding you want less humidity, where do you live and what humidity are you dealing with on average?

E,
It says the top cross bars will hold 100 lbs. I have two 600 watt Sun Systems air cooled lights and an exhaust fan hanging in mine. The bars are not flexing at all with that amount of weight.

Fluple,
I am shooting for a humidity level of about 50% +/-. Right now our RH is just fine. As we go into winter though it typically drops down to the 20%-30% area. I won't use a humidifier unless I really need it. We already had one so it is ready if needed.

I am confused about how the humidifier is going to have a effect on rh as all of the air is ventilated every minute meanwhile humidifier is ust putting 300 ml per hour even when you consider mist
Has much lower density than water it cant keep up with the extraction rate imho.. I would love to hear your cfm rates and experiences though..

I have a small humidifier in a 4x4x7 foot tent. I have a 160CFM fan with a Phresh 200CFM carbon filter running on a 3A variac for both the intake AND exhaust. I run the intake at around 90 volts and the exhaust at 110. Even with that much air being exchanged, a small humidifier raises my humidity from the 35 to 50, while lowering my temps from 83 to 80. Pretty happy with that, considering I have over 900 real watts of LED, a CLW880 and Platinum P600.

Back
Top Bottom