BioBizz flush - Leaves not yellowing so much - Can I harvest?

Happyjoy

hey there everyone.
i posted this thread in my gorw journal, but being that i didnt really get a positive answer from anyone whos used biobizz in the past, i figured to post it here, hopefully someone who has past experience with bioibzz could chip in and share theyre wisdom.

basically im growing 3 strains, in PH neutral soil, and using biobizz starter pack organic nutes.
im growing under LED's.

im at middle of week 9 of flower.
about 3 weeks ago, i made a mistake of watering for a week with way too much nutes. (due to a bad advice given from biobizz's email customer service. they said since im using LED's, that leds can cause plants to need more nutes, and therefore i should give them up to 10ML per Ltre water, of bioGROW. when normally it calls for 4ml pr litre). well following their advice burned my plants. afterwards they told me it was a mistake

about a week or two after i realized that, i flushed out the soil with about the equivelant amount of water that there is soil for each pot. each post it 3 gallons. so i flushed each plant with about 3 gallons of water to hopefully wash out excess nutes. (all this happened around 3 weeks ago).

about 1.5 weeks ago, i started a normal flush. so ive been watering with just regular neutral PHd water, with about 1 litre runnoff per plant.

even though biobizzs flushign instructions is to just water regular water for 1 week before harvest. and they say not to get runnoff, since its organic nutes that naturally decompose with 3-4 days, and its a waste of nutes to water with runnoff, even during flushing.
however they reccomended to me to do their "flush" for two weeks in order to make up for the nute posioning that happened earlier.

even so, since ive started the flush, ive been watering each time with a litre of runnoff, hopefully to fix the mistake i made 3 weeks ago of over nuting.

so bascially my question is, that my plants triches are already 10-15% amber, and ive been "flushing" for 1.5 weeks already. but only one of my plants fan leaves are really yellowing.
the other two are drying out a little, and look a little less green, but are definately not yellowing. does this mean that theyre not cleaned out from the nutes?

how do all these things work with organic nutes?

thnks!

You're not going to be able to tell if the nutes are flushed from the look alone, its just standard to flush at least a week before harvest so about 2-3 waterings of just water will work. That's when you start seeing the yellowing of the leaves but your soil might be rich and helping the plant stay green. I used the same starter pack for a GSC strain I was growing and while it worked ok for veg I had a ton of yellowing of leaves in week 5 of flowering up until harvest. It seems there was some nute lock as the biobizz sampler doesn't have magnesium in it's formula which I realized too late with one of my larger plants and had to do damage control.

They are correct with the runnoff fact though, theres a reason why they tell you to feed immediately after mixing because the organics start breaking down right away. Leaf yellowing in the end stage is completely normal and your plant is just taking the last bits of nitrogen from storage. So if you're buds are still not where you want them to be and you're in late flowering (week8+), stick to either water flushing or add a little bloom (1-2 tsp per gallon/4L). I have read accounts where people had to harvest late and used their biobizz bloom to help the plant finish up and it didn't have much effect on taste.

I've since moved on to the earth juice line as you can get way more volume of nutes for your $.
A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most?
That thread has a neat little guide to a bunch of different nutes and their effects.

Back
Top Bottom