Breeding from Feminised seeds

Mr Red Hand

Hi, i was wondering if someone could answer a breeding question?

i've been learning about how to use colloidal silver to make a female produce feminised pollen.

If someone applies colloidal silver to a female plant to make it produce feminised pollen can you then
use that pollen to pollinate another female plant which is a clone of the original female plant which produced the pollen?

So what i'm asking is can you get a cutting, make it produce feminised pollen, then pollenate itself? and produce seeds? or does it have to pollenate a plant from different seed?

Mr Red

Hi, i was wondering if someone could answer a breeding question?

i've been learning about how to use colloidal silver to make a female produce feminised pollen.

If someone applies colloidal silver to a female plant to make it produce feminised pollen can you then
use that pollen to pollinate another female plant which is a clone of the original female plant which produced the pollen?

So what i'm asking is can you get a cutting, make it produce feminised pollen, then pollenate itself? and produce seeds? or does it have to pollenate a plant from different seed?

Mr Red
SHORT ANSWER: YES ..you can pollenate a clone..it's going to give you a more stabilized genetic pool of the same genetics as the mother..but you will have to consider why you would want to do that..mostly it would be a technique for retaining the mother plants genetics in a seed bank..for future cross breeding or variations..I have done this..but not very often as it limits the gene pool and traits..

Just to clarify..a seed from a "feminized plant" ..that is a plant that was made from a female plant that was transgendered into producing "feminized pollen" and then that pollen used to pollinate another female plant..those seeds will only have two "X" chromazones. As opposed to "regular seeds" which are made naturally with one male plant passing on its "Y cromazone" to a female that passes on only her "X cromazone" because female plants don't have "Y chromazones"..

A CLONE..is a snipping of a plant that is rooted (usually with rooting hormone) ie..there is no taproot like a seed grown plant..the clone is a genetic copy of its mother..a feminized seedling is not a copy..or a clone..it has genetic material from the two "females" which both gave it X/X chromazones..thus it cannot produce a male plant..a clone could be taken from a female or male plant as a snipping that gets rooted into a seedling plant ..it carries only the DNA of the clone mother plant..its a copy..don't confuse any of this with herming of plants..or rhodalization those are different threads...

To now answer your question if you take a clone cutting from a feminized plant it is going to be an exact copy of that plant..if you then used some feminized pollen (via CS) and pollenate her..she would still produce feminized seeds..if you used regular pollen..it would go back to producing 50/50 regulars..

Of course you can feminize the same plant via a clone ..its genetics will be more stabilized as you do this its how we get S1,S2,S3,and S4 plants..versus Felial Plants F1,F2,F3 and F4..etc..genetics and cross breeding takes time..there's a lot to learn..hope this helps...sorry for the detail

<cut>
Of course you can feminize the same plant via a clone ..its genetics will be more stabilized as you do this its how we get S1,S2,S3,and S4 plants..versus Felial Plants F1,F2,F3 and F4..etc..genetics and cross breeding takes time..there's a lot to learn..hope this helps...sorry for the detail
Thanks for the info. I am not into breeding for plants or for seed, I just take cuttings and let them grow. No problem with detail. Knowledge is good.;)

Again, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom