Brown & Red Pistols

AgedMaster

The first pistols that show sex have a brown red colour no hairs yet the plant is on half feed 2ml per ltr 0.8 ec the plant looks fine i also fimmed it and have 6 tops it was a seed i found hopefully its female its 9 days in flower it has the biggest fan leaves ive grown on a plant
IMG_20230428_205815 - Copy - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230428_205853~2 - Copy.jpg

The hairs are the pistils.
Hi pal i no there pistils the one in the background has a brown red tip its a little blurry i cant get a better pic theres no hairs yet tonight will be the 10th day of flower do u mean the pistils are only on female plants ive only grown about 12 plants from seed i used to buy clones

It might be the 10th day you've had it under a flowering light schedule, but the plant is not yet 'in flower' - It is not quite mature enough.
Hi i flipped a little early as my plants end up 6 or 7 ft im trying to control them the one bottom left is a auto the other 2 are photoperiod but people start photoperiod on 12/12 from start i dont think it matters about size before flowering as it will be a waste of time starting on 12/12. Autoflowers go by time i started my auto 2 weeks earlier than the one bottom right and its flowering now the little one at the back got transplant shock and took 5 days to recover the 2 bottom leaves crisped up i started that 3 weeks before auto but im not fimming so it should catch up heres a pic of all 3
IMG_20230429_062721 - Copy.jpg

I wasn't criticizing you, I was just pointing out that the light hours don't matter if the plant isn't mature enough to flower yet. Your auto would benefit from longer light hours, but it will be ok under 12/12 so it's your choice how you do it. It's likely gonna be trouble if you try to switch it back now anyway, but maybe something to think about next time... (Leaving the longer light schedule until your photos are actually ready to flower).

Also, which one is the auto, the bottom, or the left? lol, I can't tell, I'm guessing the leftmost one because it is the only one that looks like it is thinking about flowering.

I wasn't criticizing you, I was just pointing out that the light hours don't matter if the plant isn't mature enough to flower yet. Your auto would benefit from longer light hours, but it will be ok under 12/12 so it's your choice how you do it. It's likely gonna be trouble if you try to switch it back now anyway, but maybe something to think about next time... (Leaving the longer light schedule until your photos are actually ready to flower).

Also, which one is the auto, the bottom, or the left? lol, I can't tell, I'm guessing the leftmost one because it is the only one that looks like it is thinking about flowering.
Hi i did not think u was criticizing me i disagreed with your statement is that not allowed. What would the point be in starting on 12/12 straight away if u had to wait twice as long for it to flower it defeats the whole objective how do u think people grow sea of green lots of little plants

Hi pal i no there pistils the one in the background has a brown red tip its a little blurry i cant get a better pic
Most likely what you are seeing is the tip of a bracht.

theres no hairs yet tonight will be the 10th day of flower do u mean the pistils are only on female plants
Hairs and pistils are two words used for the same part of the flower on a female Marijuana plant. Two words for the same thing. And yes the pistols would only be on female plants. They are the part of the flower that accepts the pollen. Within seconds of a pollen touching the pistil the seed that is inside the calyx is fertilized. The male Marijuana flower will not have pistils.

It might be the 10th day you've had it under a flowering light schedule, but the plant is not yet 'in flower' - It is not quite mature enough.
I believe that what Sweet is pointing out is that none of the plants in your photos are sexually mature. Once the female plants become sexually mature then they can start to show the signs of flowering including the hairs/pistils. The calyx will show up long before the plant is sexually mature enough to flower.

When the plants are sexually mature the nodes will no longer be opposite each other. Instead they will alternate with a node on one side and then several days later another node will start but will be further up the stem.

I came across something a few minutes ago on this topic and someone brought up that if the grower tries to speed up flowering by cutting back on the light schedule before the plant is sexually mature they are actually slowing down how fast the plant grows. It will take several days to a couple of weeks before the plant has grown enough to be ready to flower.

If the plants are left in a light schedule of 18 on and 6 off then the photoperiods will eventually become sexually mature but will not start to flower. However, the autoflower will automatically start to flower no matter how long the lights are on.

i flipped a little early as my plants end up 6 or 7 ft im trying to control them....
Ah, the large plants growing into the lights. A common problem that many have probably experienced at least once, if not twice or even three times. Try the different methods of training and trimming to control how high the plant grows once it enters the flowering stage. Some of the Low Stress Training is nothing more than bending the stem over and tying it down. High Stress Training will involve crushing the stem to soften it up so that it can be bent over. Then there are methods like Super Cropping once the plant is actively flowering.

It is not the size of the plant that determines whether it is mature enough to start flowering.

Most likely what you are seeing is the tip of a bracht.

Hairs and pistils are two words used for the same part of the flower on a female Marijuana plant. Two words for the same thing. And yes the pistols would only be on female plants. They are the part of the flower that accepts the pollen. Within seconds of a pollen touching the pistil the seed that is inside the calyx is fertilized. The male Marijuana flower will not have pistils.

I believe that what Sweet is pointing out is that none of the plants in your photos are sexually mature. Once the female plants become sexually mature then they can start to show the signs of flowering including the hairs/pistils. The calyx will show up long before the plant is sexually mature enough to flower.

When the plants are sexually mature the nodes will no longer be opposite each other. Instead they will alternate with a node on one side and then several days later another node will start but will be further up the stem.

I came across something a few minutes ago on this topic and someone brought up that if the grower tries to speed up flowering by cutting back on the light schedule before the plant is sexually mature they are actually slowing down how fast the plant grows. It will take several days to a couple of weeks before the plant has grown enough to be ready to flower.

If the plants are left in a light schedule of 18 on and 6 off then the photoperiods will eventually become sexually mature but will not start to flower. However, the autoflower will automatically start to flower no matter how long the lights are on.

Ah, the large plants growing into the lights. A common problem that many have probably experienced at least once, if not twice or even three times. Try the different methods of training and trimming to control how high the plant grows once it enters the flowering stage. Some of the Low Stress Training is nothing more than bending the stem over and tying it down. High Stress Training will involve crushing the stem to soften it up so that it can be bent over. Then there are methods like Super Cropping once the plant is actively flowering.

It is not the size of the plant that determines whether it is mature enough to start flowering.
Hi pal i see what you are saying i did look again earlier and they say plants should be mature enough for flower after 3 weeks but the tallest plant is 6 weeks and has just started showing preflowers the smaller plant is 5 weeks but got slowed for 5 days from a bad transplant is it 4 weeks including seedling stage when i used to use a grow guide it said 2 weeks seedling stage 4 weeks veg but with clones i always vegged for 3 weeks is it because clones come from a mature plant this is only my second time growing photoperiod from seed i got held up at taser and knife point a while back so no one nos what i do now other than my neighbour and best friend my best friend was doing clones for a little while but has stopped now so no more clones here is the tallest plant showing pre flowers the auto is also in flower i flipped them all as soon as auto went into flower thankyou pal and thankyou @Sueet you have both taught me something new
IMG_20230430_191649 - Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom