Busia wants marijuana growing legalised

Hash

Farmers have asked the government to legalise marijuana growing in the district since it is one of the major sources of income.

They said on Monday that marijuana had enabled them to educate their children.

"It is only through marijuana growing that we have managed to take our children to school. It is on this record that the district has been able to produce good judges and lawyers," one of the farmers said.

Mzee Opio Wanyama ,78 of Buhehe sub-county said he has been growing marijuana for over 30 years and had managed to educate his 15 children .
The farmers said many prominent Ugandans, including two High Court judges were educated through marijuana growing.

This comes days after Uganda police and their counterparts in Kenya destroyed over 22 acres of marijuana plantation in Buhehe and Lumino sub-counties.
The operation was led by the officer in charge of Busia Criminal Investigation Department, Mr Steven Wantenga.

During the operation, over 69kgs of harvested marijuana were set ablaze and 12 suspects netted.
Wantenga said marijuana growers in Buhehe and Lumino were fond of smuggling it to Kenya.

He cautioned them to desist from marijuana growing and asked them to start other businesses to acquire income.
"I call upon all local leaders to sensitise the masses about adopting new other income generating activities rather than smuggling and growing marijuana," Wantenga said.

Source: The Monitor Online
Copyright: 2005 The Monitor Publications Ltd.

there using it for education! god damn, how in the world can that be wrong?

i really dont think it should be legal, just decriminilized. hopefully one day.

potman6767 said:
i really dont think it should be legal, just decriminilized. hopefully one day.
Why...?

he is crazy it should be legal, and like old_smokey9483 thay are using it for edcation ans weed is almost like tabbaco when u fisrst smoke tabboco u get a nicteon high and when u smoke weed u get high and weed smoke is better for u i dont giva shit what the gov. has to say thay can kiss my ass and that is one reson y i hate america so dame much (i know its off topic but i do that when i type)

Back
Top Bottom