CA: Bureau Of Medical Marijuana Regulation Visits Arcata

Robert Celt

On Wednesday, Chief Lori Ajax of the Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation visited the 'D' Street Neighborhood center in Arcata.

The bureau is on a listening tour as an effort to get feedback from local community members. The room was almost filled to capacity with people that wanted to learn more about medical marijuana distribution practices.

Many asked about the regulation process as well. The bureau stressed that it cannot change the regulations that are already in place, but can help with implementation. They said their main objective of Wednsday's sessions was to get feedback from the public.

Randy Nunez, Director of Operations for the Task Force Green clinical research organization, attended the first session of Wednesday's listening tour.

"Although [the bureau] did not have a great deal of clarity, because a lot of the things are still in the process and will be ironed out during the regulatory process, they did have some insight as to where they're looking to seek guidance from," Nunez said.

The Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation announced that they are now hiring additional staff. A popular response from a community member was for the bureau to consider hiring local Humboldt County marijuana users.

Bottles_of_Bud1.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: CA: Bureau Of Medical Marijuana Regulation Visits Arcata
Author: Taylor Torregano
Photo Credit: Getty Images

Humboldt is by far the most progessive place for cannabis. By far. I live in mendo and everyday I think about heading that way.and it's good here but great there.

I wonder how companies are going to get around hiring cannabis users when it's legalized? There is going to be some resistance still.

Spread peace, love, and music!

Is there in Colorado? Of course it should be none of their business.a less stressfull environment might benefit some work places.
I wonder how companies are going to get around hiring cannabis users when it's legalized? There is going to be some resistance still.

Spread peace, love, and music!

Back
Top Bottom