California's Prop 19: A Word-For-Word Analysis

Food for thought... I thought that this article from a friend would help shed some light on the new bill. My stance is NO but it is up to you to make your own stance. Though people are screaming that this is legalization it is not but mearly taxation with heavy restrictions and setting back everything that the MMJ community has fought long and hard for. Matter of fact... it is the MMJ community that has now come up with a way to fight it at the federal level with the new developement and understanding from the VA. Just take some time to read this below in which I hope it will open your eyes... that this prop19 is not in the best interest as a whole.

[/B]

Hey, I can still grow and smoke my own pot according to that post so I'm cool w/ that.

It does look like some of the small-time grow ops/distribution circles might get hosed, but it seems to be for a greater good.
:grinjoint:

I do not see how you can see it that way. Not only will the mom and pops be effected but the Hydro stores as well. And with Mr. Lee and a few others cranking out over 120# a day not counting the proposed socal facilities he has in the works... why grow.

I do not see how you can see it that way. Not only will the mom and pops be effected but the Hydro stores as well. And with Mr. Lee and a few others cranking out over 120# a day not counting the proposed socal facilities he has in the works... why grow.

For the same reasons that people grow vegetables even though grocery stores exist.

Because they/I can.

Small time mom and pops will have to sink or swim. That's just the nature of things.

:roorrip:

Hey, I can still grow and smoke my own pot according to that post so I'm cool w/ that.

It does look like some of the small-time grow ops/distribution circles might get hosed, but it seems to be for a greater good.
:grinjoint:

Let's not forget any other ripples to MJ being legal in California may produce. Let's not forget that this would only make MJ legal in California for recreational use. Anytime you have a desirable commodity openly available in one area that is scarce and/or strictly controlled elsewhere an illicit trade will arise. If this bill were for Federal legalization then hell yes, but its not. Many of us turn to the mantra that prohibition doesn't work and I agree. Let's take a lesson from the prohibition era then where smugglers would take alcohol from Canada and bring it into the speakeasies in the US. The violence along the border was well documented and prompted a Federal response. Imagine National guard troops and DEA agents all over Cali's border because our legal marijuana is causing a boom in drug trafficking and gang violence to control the legal weed flowing outside of California's borders. What then? What greater good is that? Look at Arizona whose shitty immigration law is being challenged in the Federal courts. If legal, recreational MJ causes problems along our state border, how long do you think it will take for the Federal Government to come in and enforce Federal law? And if they come in and shut down the industry for recreational cannabis, whats to stop them from going after the medical community as well? They'd already be shutting down Marijuana. It's not as if they will look at one grow and say "That's recreational" and another and say "Well, that's medicinal" No! They are going to go after ALL the Marijuana because the Federal Government doesn't even recognize Marijuana as medicine. The only reason why they have left the medical scene alone is because it has not caused any significant trouble for the Feds. The local authorities have been able to deal with the few idiots who give the medical crowd a bad rep. Once prop 19 passes God knows what will happen, but if you believe history is a good teacher, then remember what prohibition did to the Canadian/US border. And if you think that the US will legalize because if ONE state, then you really are high.

Let's not forget any other ripples to MJ being legal in California may produce. Let's not forget that this would only make MJ legal in California for recreational use. Anytime you have a desirable commodity openly available in one area that is scarce and/or strictly controlled elsewhere an illicit trade will arise. If this bill were for Federal legalization then hell yes, but its not. Many of us turn to the mantra that prohibition doesn't work and I agree. Let's take a lesson from the prohibition era then where smugglers would take alcohol from Canada and bring it into the speakeasies in the US. The violence along the border was well documented and prompted a Federal response. Imagine National guard troops and DEA agents all over Cali's border because our legal marijuana is causing a boom in drug trafficking and gang violence to control the legal weed flowing outside of California's borders. What then? What greater good is that? Look at Arizona whose shitty immigration law is being challenged in the Federal courts. If legal, recreational MJ causes problems along our state border, how long do you think it will take for the Federal Government to come in and enforce Federal law? And if they come in and shut down the industry for recreational cannabis, whats to stop them from going after the medical community as well? They'd already be shutting down Marijuana. It's not as if they will look at one grow and say "That's recreational" and another and say "Well, that's medicinal" No! They are going to go after ALL the Marijuana because the Federal Government doesn't even recognize Marijuana as medicine. The only reason why they have left the medical scene alone is because it has not caused any significant trouble for the Feds. The local authorities have been able to deal with the few idiots who give the medical crowd a bad rep. Once prop 19 passes God knows what will happen, but if you believe history is a good teacher, then remember what prohibition did to the Canadian/US border. And if you think that the US will legalize because if ONE state, then you really are high.

"Anytime you have a desirable commodity openly available in one area that is scarce and/or strictly controlled elsewhere an illicit trade will arise."

True, but that already happened and is happening. Most of the verbiage that follows is basically centered on the same point and my answer remains.

"Look at Arizona whose shitty immigration law is being challenged in the Federal courts. If legal, recreational MJ causes problems along our state border, how long do you think it will take for the Federal Government to come in and enforce Federal law?"

Good point. I would like to see that myself. But let us not assume that they weren’t doing this already what w/ the raids on medical facilities we read about daily here on 420mag.com. So I guess my first answer applies here as well. It's already going on.

"And if you think that the US will legalize because if ONE state, then you really are high.'

Your rant, not mine. I just said that it appears better than what is here now.

I would address your other comments, but they tend to be repetitive and center around the same talking points so if I missed something let me know.

Well I have been getting cali bud for years now and I don't really see that stopping if this passes or not.

Back
Top Bottom