What Strain is it? No idea
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? No Idead
How Many Plants? 3 Plants
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering stage
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 3.5 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 55 Gal, but I only use 15-25 gals at a time.
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? Room Temp = ~79-82F Day & ~74-78 Night
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Hydroton
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Ebb & Grow
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 - 1kW
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Room Temp = ~79-82F Day & ~74-78 Night
RH of Room/Cabinet? Meter = ~60 - 65%; Humidifier (When on) = ~35%ish
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.2 - 5.8
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? 6 times per day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Aqua Flakes A/B & G.H. Kool Bloom; Followed direction on bottles, but now have them diluted with ~3 gallons of water.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 9.5' x 10'

The tops of "Some" of the leaves are yellow between the veins, the stems are somewhat purple/red, and there is some leaf drooping at edges... But no burning at all. Please help me if you can.

004473.JPG

005449.JPG

003502.JPG

Thank you!

hard to tell with the pics.. looks like a magnesium def. (especially with purple stems)

how long do you flood for?

whats the source of your water?

hard to tell with the pics.. looks like a magnesium def. (especially with purple stems)

how long do you flood for?

whats the source of your water?

RO Water

The flood is for 15 minutes 6 times a day, but that includes the fill time. So it is more like maybe 10 minutes of soak time.

RO needs Mg and cal to be supplemented. I would foliar spray with epsom and get some calmag in the res pronto.

one thing ive read is to keep the roots under water no more than 15 mins. the whole table should fill and drain in 15 mins or less.

RO needs Mg and cal to be supplemented. I would foliar spray with epsom and get some calmag in the res pronto.

one thing ive read is to keep the roots under water no more than 15 mins. the whole table should fill and drain in 15 mins or less.

So base nutes typically do not have enough Mg and Cal (Calcium?) if you use RO water instead of tap water? Interesting.

I just checked them, and the leaves are getting a little more green now, but I am not sure why exactly.

I started using some 'Wet Betty' mixed with the same res nutes in a spray bottle, but with only a few drops of each in there. Maybe this is doing the trick?

Can the leaves bleach out, but not get burnt at all if the light is too close?

... And just out of curiosity, when leaves do what mine are, do they ever go totally back to green, and how long does it typically take for the change if they do go back.

Another Pic:

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/005452.JPG

Is it normal for all leaves to bend extremely downward at night after the lights go off?

Thank you for your help everyone! I really appreciate the very quick responses.

Ok, after reading what you-all had to say, and reading more information about this issue elsewhere as well, I have come to the conclusion that this is a Cal/Mag Deficiency... I hope! :eek:)

Why:
Because a little more than a week ago I switched from regular tap water to RO water. About 2-5 days later I started noticing this issue. Due to the fact that RO water does not have any TDS to speak of, this must mean that most nutrient manufacturers do not put a lot of Cal/Mag in their base nutrients.

I just went out and got me some Grotek Cal-Max (Cal/Mag), and I will be adding it to the res as soon as I am done writing you this follow up post.

I will keep you posted as to what transpires.

Word to the wise:
When changing ANYTHING in your garden, even if it is an upgrade or an improvement, always beware of the little things that can bite you in the arse because you do not take them into consideration.

Yep, it was a Cal/Mag Deficiency. Everything is looking great now.

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom