Canada Climbing to Legalization

TheOldGuy

420 News

OTTAWA -- The federal government reintroduced a bill yesterday to decriminalize possession of small quantities of marijuana, but failed to reduce the maximum threshold from 15 grams. Any changes would have to be proposed by MPs, an official in the Prime Minister's Office said.

I don't get why they want to reduce penalties for people that are carrying it around but increase penalties for growers. If they are trying to get rid of the crime associated with it then shouldn't they be getting rid of all criminal charges? I mean at a large scale i can understand, but this will just keep people from feeling that they can grow it themselves and get rid of small time growers.
also, what if there's a group of four people and they all have 14 grams in their pocket, is that ok because no one person has over 15 grams, or is it more than 15 grams in one place? If it isn't illegal because it is 56 grams split between four people than would it be illegal for only one person in a group of four people to be carrying all 56 grams even if it is for all four of these people?

its probably like anything else. It goes for each person. Just what I would imagine it to be. Go Canada!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom