Canada - Pot Shot: U.S. Snowboarder Rips Ross

Hash

Whistler, B.C. - In his new book, American snowboarder Chris Klug has some harsh words for Whistler's Ross Rebagliati, calling him "Bob Marley on a snowboard." Rebagliati won the first gold medal awarded in snowboard when the sport made its Olympic debut at the 1998 Winter Games in Nagano, Japan.

He later tested positive for marijuana and was stripped of the medal before regaining it on appeal.

In his book To The Edge and Back, Klug recalls his frustration of hearing about Rebagliati's positive drug test while eating at the athlete's cafeteria in Nagano.

"After all the years of work and then putting up with the bullshit of FIS politics in order to legitimize our sport as something other than a playground for pot-heads and part-time athletes, in my eyes Ross had literally just pissed it all away in his urine test," Klug wrote.

He also scoffs at Rebagliati's defence he tested positive because he had inhaled second-hand marijuana smoke.

"Those of us who knew Ross rolled our eyes, wrote Klug.

"He was practically Bob Marley on a snowboard."

The decision to take away Rebagliati's medal was eventually overturned by an appeal panel.

Klug underwent a liver transplant in 2000, then went on to win a bronze medal at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.

Source: Ottawa Sun (CN ON)
Copyright: 2005 Canoe Limited Partnership

The man had a fuckin liver transplant. Let him smoke his reefer. I bet he doesn't drink like the rest of them.
That Klug guy is a bitch.

Actually I think Klug actually had the transplant, and yeah he's a bitch

Hell Yeah! Canadians SUCK!!! No, I'm kidding! I dilslike america in so many ways though, I will probably shift myselft to Canada one of these days and chill out for a bit. I live like 100 miles aways!

Sounds like this guy has sour grapes over the fact that the other dude WON a gold, while he won a bronze. Furthermore, hoiw does it illegitimize the sport to find marijuana in your urine? If anything, I'd be questioning the scientific and legal evidence used by the Olypmic comitee to deem marijuanana an enhancement drug, as im certain there isnt ANY.
-PM

What a little bitch. Yes, he does sounds a bit sour over the fact that he didn't win the gold, making me lose respect for him even more.

Back
Top Bottom