Cancer Fighter

PFlynn

In your story "Medicinal pot not harmful" ( June 17 ), Jean-Paul Collett of UBC says: "People only turn to cannabinoids after they have tried something else. At this point, you can't take it as a first choice."

This just shows how biased "traditional" medical services are.

A plant that has been used successfully for 5,000 years is considered "alternative."

But the "standard" pharmaceuticals that pot users are trying to avoid have only been around 100 or so years.

It should be noted that Marinol and Cesamet have absolutely no cannabis in them.

They are synthetic mimics of cannabis, which is why they are so poorly received.

Sativex does contain cannabis, but only certain compounds, not the whole plant medicine. Which is why recent testing has shown it to be less than effective.

Recent science out of Germany shows how cannabinoids stimulate the body's production of TIMP-1, which helps healthy cells resist cancer invasion.

News Hawk: PFlynn - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Province, The(CN BC)
Copyright: 2008 Canwest Publishing Inc.

Hi, I have fybromialgia, plus just had 3 poulips taken from my colon and 2 were cancer , i cant get med. marhjuana do to it,s not aloud in ohio , but i do get it and i do use it to help me and i just wish i could get it threw a dr. but i am forced to have to get it off the streets to help relax the spasiums and help me calm my nerves and pain too. so hope some day it will be legal here for med use .:rollit:

and i feel the exact same way , but thats the goverment for us ...lol when it,s a natrual grown and nothing like all them cemicals they put in the oills and what have you to poisin us and make us dependent on the pills and then want to talk bout all the junkys around and want to blame everyone but themselfs

Back
Top Bottom