Candidate Dan Oaks Open To Compassionate Treatment With Cannabis

The first candidate for Utah Governor to respond to the question "What is your personal opinion regarding medical marijuana?" is Dan Oaks.

Dan sent the following e-mail to Legalize Utah this morning:

"The truth is I am still developing my stand on this issue. In general, I believe that there’s way too much government control in our lives and Americans should be free to do what we want as long as we’re not interfering with other Americans.

"I believe alcohol consumption has a negative impact on society because the drug impairs judgment. I’ve heard of too many people who have been hurt by intoxicated people. However, I’ve never heard of a similar problem with people who smoke marijuana. Am I wrong?"

Legalize Utah was excited and encouraged by candidate Dan's response and sent him the following e-mail:

"Hi Dan!

"Thanks so much for being open minded and no, you are not wrong. Have you ever heard of one, single overdose of cannabis when there are countless overdoses on prescription drugs - Utah being the nations highest.

"I appreciate you giving your personal opinion and look forward to publishing an article detailing our conversation.

"I already wrote one article about you and your campaign efforts.

"If you would like additional information about the benefits of medical cannabis, feel free to let me know as we have acquired quite the library.

"Thanks again and I will spread the word you are reasonable and should be supported.

"Thanks again and much PEACE"

Legalize Utah endorses candidate Dan Oaks due to his open and honest response about medicinal cannabis.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Examiner.com
Author: Gradi Jordan
Copyright: 2010 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com
Website: Candidate Dan Oaks open to compassionate treatment with cannabis

Back
Top Bottom