Cannabis Expo Comes to Missoula

Jacob Bell

MISSOULA- Medical marijuana businesses from around the state set up booths at the University of Montana on Saturday to take part in cannabis expo.

Organizers said the goal of the event was to educate the public about medical marijuana as well as the businesses associated with it.

People who stopped by the UM campus were able to visit booths and listen to discussions regarding the current state of medical cannabis.

The Montana legislature has been looking at a bill that would repeal of the Montana Medical Marijuana Act and Heidi Handford, editor of Montana Connect magazine and a medical marijuana advocate, fears what the impact of a repeal could have on jobs.

"This is supposed to be a job session. They want to take jobs away from me and caregivers across the state, hard working Montanans. I grew up here. This is where I live. I'll stay here and fight and there's a lot of us who are going to stay and fight too.">

The cannabis expo will continue from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sunday and State Senator Dave Wanzereid (D-Missoula) will be speaking at 1:30.

News Hawk- Jacob Husky 420 MAGAZINE
Source: kaj18.com
Author: Erin Schermele
Copyright: KAJ18.com

Back
Top Bottom