Cannabis Goes Up In Smoke

ShadyLady

FIREFIGHTERS called to a blaze at an ordinary-looking terraced house found more than just family possessions going up in smoke.

Fire crews smashed their way into the smoke-filled house in cobbled Nelson Street in Bury they discovered a secret cannabis factory. The lounge was well alight but after tackling the flames officers found two other rooms were filled with cannabis plants. The property had been set up for the mass production of the drug. It is believed the fire started in an electrical fuse box which may have become overloaded due to the number of growing lamps being used to cultivate the drug.

A large quantity of the plants were later removed by police who are investigating who used the rented property.

Landlord Mr Pav Khan said: "I own seven properties and rent them out. There was always something funny about this one. I told the people (2 men and 1 woman), who rented it that I would come round and collect the rent once a month. They are Chinese and said they did not want me to come because the lady who lived there was pregnant and for ethnic reasons they did not want me to call.
They said they would bring the rent to me and did so. They had only rented it for about two months.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "Fire officers called to attend to a fire at the address. They. entered the house and a cannabis farm was discovered."

NEWSHAWK: Shadylady
SOURCE: Manchester Evening News
AUTHOR: Neal Keeling
COPYRIGHT Manchester Evening News
WEBSITE: Cannabis goes up in smoke - News - Manchester Evening News

Back
Top Bottom