Cannabis Is Medicine For Crohn's Patient Teenager Coltyn Turner

Jacob Redmond

A young man named Coltyn Turner may turn out to be an integral cog in the wheel that gets the Federal government to pay attention to patients benefiting from cannabis as medicine. In fact, Coltyn would greatly appreciate some time with the President of the United States.

He would tell President Obama that cannabis saved his life.

2 years ago, Coltyn Turner was dying from Crohn's Disease. He was diagnosed at age 11, though he suffered from the condition since birth.

By 13, “I was so weak I was writing my own will,” said Coltyn Turner. Today, he is a thriving 15-year old.

“There's no denying that cannabis has worked for him,” said Wendy Turner, Coltyn’s mother. “Cannabis saved my child.”

There Is No Known Cure For Crohn's Disease.

Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Living with Crohn’s Disease means suffering from abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss and malnutrition.

The disease is painful and debilitating, and can lead to life-threatening complications. Coltyn is one of about 80,000 children in the United States with IBD.

After years of side effects and unsuccessful treatments, the Mayo Clinic gave Coltyn and his parents three options. They could start a drug that would likely cause T-Cell lymphoma, or Coltyn could have his colon removed and use a colostomy bag for the rest of his life, or they could “look at what’s going on in Colorado”.

So, his desperate parents began researching the “alternative treatment” available in Colorado.

Cannabis as medicine. It was worth a try.

Coltyn’s parents, Tom and Wendy, were not pot users and were not anxious to give cannabis to their young teen, so they came up with a safety plan. Tom and Coltyn came to Colorado on their own.

After some research, Tom legally acquired cannabis and made high CBD brownies. He tried them first to determine the correct dose for his son, then Coltyn tried it. Incredibly, it had an almost immediate positive effect on Coltyn.

Within days, Coltyn was strong enough to take a walk without the need of the wheel chair. Within a week, he started a snowball fight with his dad. The constantly weakening child was now getting stronger every day.

His overjoyed parents and 2 siblings permanently relocated from Illinois to Colorado so Coltyn can use Cannabis as medicine, legally. They became part of a growing movement of MEDICAL REFUGEES.

Why Cannabis Works For Crohn’s Disease

In the first clinical trial on the effect of cannabis in IBD1, researchers were able to demonstrate that an 8-week treatment with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-rich cannabis caused a decrease in the Crohn's disease activity index in 90% of patients without producing significant side effects. The authors rightfully concluded that a larger patient group is warranted for future studies.

Coltyn has been using oil extracted from the cannabis plant with remarkable results and no side effects. The oil reduces inflammation in the colon. It stops the pain.

Coltyn’s caregiver is a medical marijuana grower located in Colorado. Jason Cranford prepares the oil that Coltyn takes four times a day, it is on the market as Cannatol. Other oils are similar, none are available outside the legal medical marijuana states.

The health benefits of responsibly dosed and administered medical marijuana are indisputable.

“This is about using the right medicine, and for Coltyn, it is Cannabis,” said Wendy Turner, mother of three. “No matter what, his life is worth it.”

“I’d rather be illegally alive than legally dead.” - Coltyn Turner

Coltyn speaks at conferences and summits and festivals, on TV and radio and in magazines trying to get the word out that cannabis works.

“I was in so much pain, and didn’t know it would ever end. I want to give hope to other people,” said Coltyn.

“When (Colorado) Governor Hickenlooper asked Coltyn what he uses cannabis for, and Coltyn said ‘Crohn's disease’, and the Governor said -after two steps backwards and shock on his face- that he has some very close family members who also have Crohns.

“Coltyn said, ‘Well... Let me tell you how cannabis works for Crohns.’ Coltyn opened the Governor’s eyes that day. It was remarkable to see,” Wendy shared.

It has been 19 months since Coltyn began cannabis and he is still doing great. His prognosis is looking better all the time.

“I tell people to do your research and determine for yourself. It saved my life, but do your own research,” added Coltyn.

All-American family turned Medical Refugees, Coltyn Turner and his family will be featured on the TV special, Medical Cannabis: The Healing Power of Knowledge, which is slated to air on broadcast TV later this year as well as on the Online TV Network, Hmm...Did You Know.com.

There are 23 states that have voter approved legal medical marijuana. 3 states have legal recreational marijuana, with many more in line for the next election.

For the first time in US history, Presidential candidates are addressing the subject of cannabis prohibition. If they’re smart, Coltyn’s story is one they may soon be citing.

“Cannabis should be legal, not because people want it to be... because people need it to be.”

Go get em, Coltyn.

16477.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cannabis Is Medicine For Crohn's Patient Teenager Coltyn Turner
Author: Bonnie King
Photo Credit: Youtube

Back
Top Bottom