CannaHelp Owner Admits Selling For Profit

Wilbur

The owner of a local medicinal marijuana dispensary admits to selling pot for a profit. And that's illegal, at least on the federal level. Local police and federal agents raided CannaHelp in Palm Desert on Friday.

The owner of CannaHelp tells NewsChannel 3 he does sell marijuana for profit, but, he says, he only makes enough money to keep his business going and support his family. Meanwhile, some medicinal marijuana advocates say the feds raided CannaHelp for the right reason.

CannaHelp is back in business after local police and federal agents swooped down on the medicinal marijuana dispensary last week.

Californians voted to approve medicinal marijuana in the 90's; the federal government has always considered it illegal. That's the reason federal agents also recently raided Palm Springs Caregivers.

So far, Capp's Management is the only dispensary in the valley that hasn't been raided. We tried to talk to them several times about medicinal marijuana, but they refused again.

Meanwhile, medicinal marijuana supporters are speaking out.

"I agree with law enforcement that they can't make a profit."

"That's a big step from where they use to be because law enforcement said no you can't sell it. It's illegal to sell it. Now they're saying you can sell it. Just don't make any money on it."

CannaHelp's owner, Stacy Hochanadel, denies the business itself is a big personal moneymaker and says he'll cooperate with the ongoing federal investigation.

"I'm making money. I have to pay for my own bills. So, that's a profit. But what's excessive? I don't know," he said.

"I think he's just paying himself basically a living wage that a lot of people wouldn't even want to work for."

CannaHelp's owner also tells me, because of Friday's raid, a court date is possible, depending on the outcome of the investigation.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: KESQ
Pubdate: 5 December 2006
Copyright: 2006 WorldNow and KESQ

Some people need to reread SB 420. It's nonsense that the law requires people to make no profit or to organize as a nonprofit.

I assumed prices were set so they at least broke even. I mean how are you to pay ppl for staffing the place, rent, utilities etc....

i mean if the guy was making like 10k a month or something profit...

Back
Top Bottom