Cannot hold themselves up...HELP!

Watchmeridemoto

Hey I am a fairly new grower (6 months) and I am having one huge problem. I can grow the plants very well for the first several weeks, and then the leaves get too big or the stem is too small I don't know which, and the plant wants to fall over.... It will not hold itself upright... what do i do? I am growing right now and need to fix this problem fast before I ruin all my plants... Thanks for your help... these are indoor plants.

tyr puting a stick next to it and losly tying the plant to the stick for suport.

Also when growing put a rotating fan on your plants or shake them evry now and then to simulate wind(if growing indoors) this will help you plant's stem grow thicker and stronger

Hope that helps

Igotagun said:
tyr puting a stick next to it and losly tying the plant to the stick for suport.

Also when growing put a rotating fan on your plants or shake them evry now and then to simulate wind(if growing indoors) this will help you plant's stem grow thicker and stronger

Hope that helps

yeah the stick thing is a good idea that what i do...

Cheap garden canes and string! available at all garden centre's.
Dont damage the roots by ramming the cane straight into the soil, turn the plant upside down as though you were going to re-pot and slide the cane down between the soil and inside wall of pot.

If your allready using a rotating fan on them, turn up the power.

I Found That By Adding Some Rooting Formula And Bat Guano You Can Simply Make Your Babies Stand On Their Own...the More Roots The More Nutrients You Can Suck Up....i Dont Know Which Ones Helped My Plants Because I Started Using Them Both At The Same Crop...never Had Any More Problems With Them Standing Up

Sounds like you may also have the light too far from the plants to begin with. What kind of light are you useing? If you are useing flourescents and the lights are more than a foot away the plants may streach too much in their first stages, making itself top heavy when the leaves start to form. keep the light close, and as suggested above use a rotating fan every day from day one, the gental breeze will strengthen the stems up from the begining.

Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

i had this prob. when i first started off and i had'nt bought a fan yet and i used my speakers...i put the plants in front of the bass port til i had a chance to run out and get a fan.......and if u got a fan turn up tha power or check the kinda of lights u got cuz some will make u plant strecth up and the stem wont get thicker and the plant will just fall over...use a stick or fork to hold 'em up...

Everything they said. Put a stick next to the stem and wire it in place. Or prop the plants up with string. It sounds like your light is to far away from the plant. Either that or it is the wrong spectrum light.

wow there,hold ya horses :smokin: dont go turning any pots upside down!theres no need mate.just squzee the pot alittle and this should creat a small gap big enough for you to slide ya cane/prop into.and as said above,try and use some garden wire :smokin: for tieing.this stuff wont do ya plant any harm like cutting into its stem as it grows bla bla bla.

now then Watchmeridemoto ,you say your growing indoors?
thats cool but the more info you give about your grow the more peeps can help.i dont mean tons of info just the basics like

soil or hydro?

organic or chems

what kind of light

any venalation

and in this case ...how close is ya plant to the light?as said above ...sounds like its heading for the moon,meaning they need more light.

hope this helps

:icon_cool

Back
Top Bottom