Carbon Fiber Bong

I finally bit the bullet and spent a couple hundred on a really nice bong and I must say, you get what you pay for. Was always a cheap beaker bong user but it was so harsh. Once you have a bong with multiple peculators built in you will fall in love.

I guess I'm your opposite ;) - I prefer the basic bong - beaker (or something similar that's flat on the bottom), no-frills bowl/downtube (may be one piece), glass-on-glass joint, little glass knob/handle/flange on the bowl to lift it off the bong at end of hit in order to clear smoke, no ice-catcher (ice would melt, LMAO), no percolator (got one on my coffee pot, though), et cetera. I use HOT water for the smoothest of hits. . . .

I guess I'm your opposite ;) - I prefer the basic bong - beaker (or something similar that's flat on the bottom), no-frills bowl/downtube (may be one piece), glass-on-glass joint, little glass knob/handle/flange on the bowl to lift it off the bong at end of hit in order to clear smoke, no ice-catcher (ice would melt, LMAO), no percolator (got one on my coffee pot, though), et cetera. I use HOT water for the smoothest of hits. . . .
That is exactly what I like with an ash-catcher to keep the water clean. The extra small bubble of water also helps to smooth the hit out quite a bit as well.

I don't have a bong any more because some arse tried to dribble it like a basketball :rolleyes: . But I have one of those little "bubbler" water pipe bowl things that only holds a tablespoon or two of water - and I use hot water in it, too, lol. I'll preheat that one by rinsing it out in hot water first, though. Otherwise it cools off too fast.

Both are (or were, I suppose) quick and easy to clean with 91% isopropyl alcohol and a little table salt, because neither has tiny passages in it. I've always worried that those shower percs and other gizmos would complicate cleaning beyond "pour in salt, pour in alcohol, shake for a minute and rinse."

One of the things I love about my Twisty Glass Blunt is how easy it is to clean. Pull out the auger/screw/mouthpiece unit, wipe it off with an alcohol-dampened paper towel, use the paper towel to wipe out the glass cylinder, and run the tiny brush that came with it through the eight individual holes in the mouthpiece, then stick rubber cap back on the end, pour it full of ground bud, and shove/screw the auger unit back into the cylinder. Remove cap to light/use, replace when finished (or in between sessions, if you don't happen to smoke all 296 (estimated ;) ) hits in one session, lol).

Back
Top Bottom