Chocoloco by Vision Seeds

Jackalope

Has anyone here grown out Chocoloco? or Vision genetics?
I recently had a major change of heart. I am planning my next grow when I will be using a Blueberry male to pollinate a couple strains. Not using the Blueberry because I have a great male. It is only that The F-4 Blueberry is very stable compared to many of the strains out there. Making it a lot easier to find a suitable male.
The change of heart came when I remembered I had The Chocoloco. I am wanting a mostly sativa to use and was planning on Super Lemon Haze. Since the Blueberry project is first I can have a plant or 2 flower longer. The Chocoloco is going to need plenty of time to finish how it needs. The Chocoloco was originally bought to be bred to Chocolate Chunk which I will still do in time. Both are female seeds so I need to get better at selfing to do that. There is tons of Thai genetics in the Blueberry. With that in mind the Chocoloco x Blueberry has a huge upside. It could really go anywhere. Plus it is going to be very different then everything else I have. Different flavors and different highs is something I have to have as much as I smoke I need variety. This could end up being a favorite.

Here is more info on the "Why" and "What".
I had to go back and recheck my old brain but my suspicions were true. D.J. Short worked with Upland Thai, Lowland Thai, Chocolate Thai, and Afghani in the making of most of his strains. The %'s of each is his secret. That is a lot of Thai genetics in a mostly Indica strain. Just because it was bred back enough to get a mostly indica strain does not mean the Thai genetics are not still in there. A hybrid with a mostly Thai strain might very well bring them out. Could go great or it could go bad. Both the Upland Thai and the Chocolate Thai were known to hermie. So there is a chance that my hybrid will bring out those bad traits. The same could happen with the Chocoloco. I hope they would pull it if to many were present. It could happen I understand that. Lots of genetics skip generations. This happens with people,pets,and pot. Will it happen here? who knows but I want to see.
By now we all know it is not the percent of THC or CBD that makes a strain. Its how it effect's each of us. I know what I like and it doesn't take high THC to get there. Other then high type my biggest need is variety. 1 out of 5 strains I grow are I truly liked. If that. Only 3 or 4 of the strains I have purchased that I purchased again. So I need to grow a lot more strains to find enough strains to do that I need them too.
If in fact I get a great Chocolate female. The hybrid with Blueberry could blend berries and chocolate. So The name has to be Chocoberry. Weather it lives up to the name is still yet to be seen. The name itself will peak interest. They are only for me and my friends to grow so I can name them what ever I want LMAO.
There is a lot said about "Pollen Chucking" and inexperienced breeders. I pretty much fall into both categories. While that is the case. I put a lot into my choices so any hybrid has a high chance of some kind of success. I like I said "Some kind" of success. I may not get what I think I will get but I may get something so much more. I am open. Some female's show their greatness early I am pretty good at finding the great ones early on so there is about a 70% chance I will choose right.
If I was dealing with one of the F-1 type strains out there it would be much harder to be successful. In the 1 F-1 I will be using it really doesn't matter. It will be Jacks Cleaner 2. I don't really care which one shines through. Both Jacks Cleaner and Jack the Ripper have traits I love so I will be happy with the outcome of this one. It is the one I will cross with Super Lemon Haze now. I need a great lemon strain and no better place to find it then with those 2.

Back
Top Bottom