Clone or seed?

ThaKidd

I am new to this but a question i had was

What are the advantages and disadvantages to using a clone and the same for seed?

And advice is most welcomed!!!

Clones seem to be preferred by growers who've established a good grow routine and now are looking for efficient, stable, known genetic qualities for each grow. Once a good mother plant is grown, then if your set-up allows, the clones can be grown in their veg state while the main crop flowers, thereby lessening the total grow time. Additionally, a well developed clone seems to provide a higher success rate than that of seeds.
Seeds, meanwhile, allow the grower to begin immediately and, if desired, to mix different varieties in the same grow, although this usually causes more problems than it's worth, especially for new growers. Seeds will allow a grower to essentially try different strains until one is found that is desired.
Having learned the hard way, the best advice seems to be to buy only feminized seeds, then once you've decided on what you'd like to grow, dedicate a couple of seedlings in the veg stage for motherhood. Elsewhere in this sub-category is a posting detailing exactly how to grow a 'bonsai mum' and harvest clones. This future mom is not allowed to flower, so a feminized seed is necessary to ensure the mom will only produce female clones. One last thing on feminized seeds. Even if growing a mom is not in your plans, the fem seeds more than pay for themselves, by guaranteeing all flowering plants will be keepers instead of the usual, roughly 50%, ratio of male/female plants. The value of a flowering plant you keep far exceeds the nominal savings mixed seeds provide. Plus, if the males aren't removed in time and allowed to pollinate the females, you're screwed. Good luck and enjoy the growing.

I Totally agree with mmclient:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom