DEA Declares CBD Oil Illegal - 7 Things To Know About The Ban

Katelyn Baker

The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) has made a ruling on CBD oil.

The cannabis substance is now illegal under federal law. Here are seven things you should know about the move:

• DEA Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg said the new law will pave way for the agency to exercise its power in tracking quantities of CBD oil.
  • The agency said these substances are federally illegal Schedule I substances. "Extracts of marihuana will continue to be treated as Schedule I controlled substances," the notice says.
  • Some websites are selling the substance on their website, which they may legally be able to do if the THC percentage in hemp is 0.3% or less.
  • The code is 21 CFR Part 1308 and it mentions marijuana extracts.
  • However, the DEA says that this isn't the case as all extracts that contain CBD also contain other cannabinoids, thus ensuring they are illegal.
  • The agency ensures that they could prosecute even if they find small traces of the substance.
  • CBD oil is often seen as an alternative way of consuming marijuana that doesn't require smoking.

flickr22.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: DEA Declares CBD Oil Illegal - 7 Things To Know About The Ban
Author: Karl Utermohlen
Photo Credit: Flickr

the dea is protecting anything they can .god help us if/ trump is against us. sky high robert

Trump doesn't give a flying f*k about cannabis. The USA is so awash in dark money, I wouldn't be surprised if the BigPharma billionaires DIDN'T provide Rosenberg enough cash to make the decision in their favor. I don't think Sessions' negative posturing about cannabis is going to have much effect, because underneath, it's always about $$$$ for corporate cronies.

Back
Top Bottom