Deep Water Culture from stealth hydro

baldalicious

Anybody used SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Deep Water Culture Grow Ready Kit

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has used one of these. From reading the info on Stealth Hydro's website, this thing is the bomb, or so they say. The customer reviews also rave about it but one would hardly expect them to put anything negative on their site so it would be really interesting to hear from those who have tried it and get an objective opinion.

It would be interesting to read how the grow room was set up, the amount of nutes used, any problems encountered, and most importantly the yield. They claim that if only three of the six stations are used, larger, even up to 4-5 feet, plants can be grown. I'm not sure I believe that. But if I can get a lb or so yield in 2.5-3 months, that would be awesome.

I'm also looking at this, the deep water culture three bucket system SH Hydroponics, Inc. > The Three Bucketeers

These 5 gallon DWC buckets can definitely grow big but I can't really afford all the lights, filters, fans etc for a grow room that big so I'm looking to go a little smaller scale at first and upgrade later. If I can get a few grows in using the Deep Water Culture rig and then upgrade my grow room with a little profit $, then I can continue using the Deep Water Culture and a clone starter/early veg system.

I know I can probably build all this stuff myself and save some money but I'm new at this and don't have any time or much interest in a trial and error process. I would rather pay some extra $ and buy a ready to go system where the kinks have been worked out.

Thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If nobody is going to answer us 'noobs' we may as well answer each other...:welcome:

I purchased the Deep Water Culture system but have yet to start it as I am still getting the space ready.

That said I did a lot of research and I can say that no system has had 'the kinks worked out of it' as you put it. Each one is going to require time to learn and adjust it to your style.

There is a good thread on the Deep Water Culture here

One user says he got 1lb off of 5 plants though I suspect that is not using the CFL lights that Stealth sells with this kit, but HID instead.

Good luck!

Let me help you, bro. I just found this thread.

SH is becoming a proud sponsor of 420 this week, btw.

I know you've seen the Tutorial, I hope to finish it by next weekend.
This is the end results here:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/rosemans-2009-december-harvest.108899/

There are 6 dozen users of that system here.

It is somewhat cheaper to build your own, IF you can find everything and cut those holes in the lid. I show how in that Tutorial.

Read up, look around and let me know how I can help you.

Back
Top Bottom