Deep Water Culture

DWC is hydro. Hydro PH is best kept at 5.8.

PPM is another story. That depends on the plant itself and where it is in it's life cycle. You can cruise from around 500 in early life to over 1200 mid-bloom and back down to 300 or whatever around harvest time.

Those numbers should not be followed in any way, shape or form. I'm just saying there's a range depending on the plant and you have to watch your grow for signs of needing more of this and less of that.

Hope that helps a bit.

:peace:

thanks, yea I've been doing some research and just wanted to see what people had to say. I've been growing organically under a 1000 watt HPS and haven't been very satisfied with the yield. From what I've seen DWC seems to be the most cost efficient way to grow.

well if you own the gear, the top drip hydro system in hydrocorton is so easy and really is the cheapest way to get full control of the nutes and ph density.

A friend of mine is into fish tanks and stuff, he actually has integrated fish tank water into his hydro and never puts fresh water into anything except his fish tank. The little bio-dome experiment yeilds water at 6.9 with natural soluable nutes at approx 500-600 ppm. then he just IV drips the nutes in directly and the system only wastes 5 gallons of water per week. He never cleans his tank and likes it when it gets clouded and dirty.

Until he started checking ph every day i watched some of his first attempts to get this down fail so bad... like dead plants fail. now when his fish have clouded the water and the other feeders in their can't be seen, he drains it into the system at lower rates to watch the ppm. or he takes it outside and dumps it into his outdoor garden.

So awesome, the engineering into it was extreme.
ltr

Back
Top Bottom