Democracy a reason for illegal weed?

old_smokey9483

I was thinking...
In countries in South America farmers grow marijuana and sell it to drug lords who distribute it to Americans as well as citizens of SA. U.S. government planes fly over pot fields and spray poison to kill the plants and they intercept literally tons of pot going to the U.S. Amsterdam has a lot of pot growing too, but more organized, and Amsterdam has a regulated sale of pot. But why doesn't the U.S. try to destroy the marijuana growing in Amsterdam? Why doesn't the U.S. focus on the fact that citizens of the U.S. can fly to Amsterdam and legally purchase marijuana easily? Is it because Amsterdam has accepted the United States plan of democracy? South America doesn't have a democracy (if they do it's in poor shape). Is the United States taking it harder on non-democracy countries when they grow, comsume, or sell drugs? Just a thought....

I don't know, but that post made me think. That's not easy, good work! :biggrin:

Most of the weed smuggled into the U.S. comes from the south not Europe. The relationships and treaties we have with other countries vary. We have no treaties with European countries that allow us to spray crops like we do with some Central and South American countries. The U.S. can't just spray in another country without their consent.

Back
Top Bottom